Dashboards & Reporting

Edyta7510
Guide

Pivot tables customization

SOLVE

Hello! 

I really love pivot table reports as they are pretty flexible and can show different sets of data. 

There are just some downsides of these reports that I wasn't able to find solutions for. 

It's all about usability: 

- it's impossible to freeze columns/headers, scrolling through such a report is a real nightmare

- it's not possible to adapt the width of certain columns and we need to hover over on each data label to see what's behind. 

Has anyone experienced such issues and found any workarounds (apart from splitting such report into 10 separate reports to make it easier to look at). Thanks!

report-screenshot.jpg

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510,

For freezing table headers and columns, there is a somewhat related request in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community (see the first comment). Here I'm not aware of any workarounds.

As far as the column width goes, there is a bit of flexbility when you place these reports on a dashboard and extend them to the horizontal 6 tiles. There are some related ideas on column width in objects views, but none for reports. You could submit this. For workarounds, the only one that comes to mind is exporting the raw data and working in Excel.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Edyta7510
Guide

SOLVE

@webdew thanks for your insights! I'll need to evaluate whether it makes sense to reduce the number of columns of this report by cutting it down into chunks or I just leave it as is (if the end user will need to export it to xls, I'd rather they do it once). 

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510 ,

As per your requirements: 

I suggest you to upvote the idea. As HubSpot prodcut team review these ideas and the ideas which gets most upvote, they work on them

• The reason you are not able to see the full text of the certain columns is actually the number of columns. As there is more number of columns to show, therefore automatically width of the column is set accordingly. Using less no of columns is the only way as of now. 

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510,

For freezing table headers and columns, there is a somewhat related request in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community (see the first comment). Here I'm not aware of any workarounds.

As far as the column width goes, there is a bit of flexbility when you place these reports on a dashboard and extend them to the horizontal 6 tiles. There are some related ideas on column width in objects views, but none for reports. You could submit this. For workarounds, the only one that comes to mind is exporting the raw data and working in Excel.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

IStreet
Participant

SOLVE

I upvoted this request. Pivot tables are great, but they feel useless on the dashboard view unless you are viewing a small number of columns. I can't read all the text in our column and row headers or resize the column width to be able to read the text, so our team doesn't know what data they are looking at. It would be ideal to have this functionality! Are there any plug-ins or third party tools you'd recommend that integrate with HubSpot and provide more options for report and dashboard customization? 

0 Upvotes
Edyta7510
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler thanks for sharing, I'll definitely upvote the idea!