Dashboards & Reporting

charrison4

Pipeline and Deals

SOLVE

Two questions. 

1. Do all deals need to stay in the pipline? Is there a way to archive won and lost deals?

2. If a deal was already won, but the customer added on a new product later down the road, should I create a new deal?

3 Accepted solutions
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

Pipeline and Deals

SOLVE

Hi @charrison4,

A. Can you tell me what the benefit for archiving won and lost deals? We have not done this but instead adjusted our reporting criteria as it is easier,  quicker, and less room for error. If I know the intended benefit, I may be able to suggest a best practice tip based on your specific use case. 

B. Do you only have one pipeline that you use (some accounts only allow one so want to ensure). 

C. I think best practice would absolutely to create a new deal. I see that only one product can be added to a deal so if you update the product, you lose the historical and important reporting for the original product. There are trickier workaround with workflows and such to accomplish this but seems counterproductive. 

Hopefully this helps and looking forward to assisting you further. 🙂 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Pipeline and Deals

SOLVE

Hi @charrison4,

Currently it's not possible to archive deals but for an easy fix, you can create a filtered view that filters out all deals in the closed won or closed lost stages. You can pin this filtered view and make it your default view: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-customize-and-manage-your-saved-views

Regarding your second question, I would categorise additional products as upselling – which are best managed and tracked in separate deals. An upselling opportunity can be won and lost as well. Also, comparative reporting on net new deals and upselling deals can potentially be very insightful.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Pipeline and Deals

SOLVE

Hi @charrison4 ,

1. There is no way to archive deals in HubSpot in the current scenario.
2. Yes the best practice would be to create a new deal for another product/service so that you can keep a track of revenue that you have generated from the same client.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

3 Replies 3
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Pipeline and Deals

SOLVE

Hi @charrison4 ,

1. There is no way to archive deals in HubSpot in the current scenario.
2. Yes the best practice would be to create a new deal for another product/service so that you can keep a track of revenue that you have generated from the same client.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Pipeline and Deals

SOLVE

Hi @charrison4,

Currently it's not possible to archive deals but for an easy fix, you can create a filtered view that filters out all deals in the closed won or closed lost stages. You can pin this filtered view and make it your default view: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-customize-and-manage-your-saved-views

Regarding your second question, I would categorise additional products as upselling – which are best managed and tracked in separate deals. An upselling opportunity can be won and lost as well. Also, comparative reporting on net new deals and upselling deals can potentially be very insightful.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

Pipeline and Deals

SOLVE

Hi @charrison4,

A. Can you tell me what the benefit for archiving won and lost deals? We have not done this but instead adjusted our reporting criteria as it is easier,  quicker, and less room for error. If I know the intended benefit, I may be able to suggest a best practice tip based on your specific use case. 

B. Do you only have one pipeline that you use (some accounts only allow one so want to ensure). 

C. I think best practice would absolutely to create a new deal. I see that only one product can be added to a deal so if you update the product, you lose the historical and important reporting for the original product. There are trickier workaround with workflows and such to accomplish this but seems counterproductive. 

Hopefully this helps and looking forward to assisting you further. 🙂 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect