Dashboards & Reporting

BBuckwalter1

Personalization Tokens in URL

SOLVE

I'm looking to use personalization tokens to inject values from my HubSpot database, like email, first name, last name, into a URL.  Could you guide me in the right direction?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Thanks! This is explained in detail here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/can-i-auto-populate-form-fields-through-a-query-string

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
TDProperty
Participant

SOLVE

The use of personallized tokens within a URL is not possible! You would have to update to professional so that you can create HTML emails  Build a custom coded template. Yes, this is garbage as it should be a simple process however it isimply is not possible! 

TDProperty
Participant

SOLVE

The use of a HubSpot token within a URL is not possible.  

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BBuckwalter1,

How exactly do you want to use this URL? Should it be stored in a HubSpot single-line text property? If so, the automation capabilities of a Professional subscription are needed.

You would enroll every record into a workflow and then use the 'Set property value' action as the first and only step in this workflow. You'd select the single-line text property from above and concatenate your URL with personalization tokens for email, first name and so on.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

BBuckwalter1

SOLVE

The URL would be included in an email creative.  When the user clicks on the URL, I am hoping to prepopulate our 3rd party form with first name, last name and email address.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Thanks! This is explained in detail here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/can-i-auto-populate-form-fields-through-a-query-string

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler