Dashboards & Reporting

Matthew_Dreier

Personal Dashboards

SOLVE

I have created a sales opportunities review dashboard. Think of this like an out-of-the-box dashboard that keeps a new salesperson on track, provides them the info needed to prioritize their day and hit monthly goals, and ultimately gives the user and their manager a tool to measure compliance and results. 

The issue: I can instruct an Agent to add a filter so that the dashboard only displays their own activity and add that as a bookmark to their web browser so they don't have to apply the filter every time they view the dashboard. But I cannot stop them from selecting another Agent in the filter and this is where the problem arises — Agent A has no business viewing Agent B's dashboard. 

Am I missing something or are dashboards exclusively meant for managers and admin employees? I would expect to see an option in report settings much like other settings to "view owned only" but I can't seem to find a straightforward or workaround solution.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Personal Dashboards

SOLVE

Hi @Matthew_Dreier,

You're correct, there currently aren't any dashboard filter permissions specifically. If a user can access a dashboard, they can adjust the filters freely.

To limit how useful filtered dashboard are between users, you would work with contact access permissions. Navigate to the user permissions, following these steps, and update contact access as needed for these users. If a user can see all contacts, they will also see reporting data for these contacts. If the can't (view) access certain contacts to begin with, the reports should reflect this accordingly and not show the data.

You can check whether this works as expected by logging in as a sales user: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-in-as-another-hubspot-user

If your sales team is supposed to see all contacts, in general or within a team, then yes, you're not missing anything. In that case, there aren't any specific settings for that yet. You could request this in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Personal Dashboards

SOLVE

Hi @Matthew_Dreier,

You're correct, there currently aren't any dashboard filter permissions specifically. If a user can access a dashboard, they can adjust the filters freely.

To limit how useful filtered dashboard are between users, you would work with contact access permissions. Navigate to the user permissions, following these steps, and update contact access as needed for these users. If a user can see all contacts, they will also see reporting data for these contacts. If the can't (view) access certain contacts to begin with, the reports should reflect this accordingly and not show the data.

You can check whether this works as expected by logging in as a sales user: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-in-as-another-hubspot-user

If your sales team is supposed to see all contacts, in general or within a team, then yes, you're not missing anything. In that case, there aren't any specific settings for that yet. You could request this in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes