Partner Referrals - Reporting Ideas

Highlighted
Advisor

Hi All, 

Overall Goal - Track Partner deal referrals in a way that allows us to have clear reporting on Referral Source by Company, Name of individual, and see deal stages of deals from specific referral sources. 

Partner Referral Tracking Option 1:

I am attempting to set up a process that allows us to track "Referral Source". I have a list of companies in our HubSpot that are identified as partners on the company and contact level. I wanted to just associate the contact that referred us to the deal to the deal along with the contacts from the company we are selling to. This logic works until I attempted to create reports based on "Deals Associated Contacts". 

Question 1: Am I missing something? Can I create deal reports that allow me to filter by contact type "Partner" and associated deals? 

Partner Referral Tracking Option 2:

I created 2 deal properties - Referred by Name, and Referred by Company. These are both single-line text that allows for our team to enter in the referral source of the deal so we can create reporting. My issue with this method is the fact they are free form text that makes it nearly impossible to drive data entry consistency.

Question 2: Is there a way to pull a drop-down list from the list of contacts tagged as partners in our HubSpot instance? Assuming if there is this would be a custom development. Does anyone have experience doing this?

I appreciate any thoughts here. Thanks!

8 Replies 8
Highlighted
Resident Expert

@HubSpotMaster While I can not help you, it would be helpful to know your subscription level as not all are created equal. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Advisor

@gelflex-cc I have Sales Professional in this instance. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Advisor

@Phil_Vallender Have you ever faced this? 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Visitor

Hey, did you guys come up with a solution for this? Keen to find out how you hacked Option 2: Is there a way to pull a drop-down list from the list of contacts tagged as partners in our HubSpot instance? Assuming if there is this would be a custom development. Does anyone have experience doing this?

Thanks

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

We would like this as well. We work with equipment dealers who refer transactions to us. The actual transaction is between us and the end-user company, but it would be GREAT to be able to track referrals so we could better determine which of our dealers (both companies and contacts) were working with us the best.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Something we need as well.  Just dipped our toes in a CRM and researched a bunch but like hubspots layout the best.  Salesforce was the only one that I believed could have offered a custom solution(not sure I wanted to even find out the cost).

We have many CPAs and others that refer new clients to us and would be nice to have a link between them.  Just like a Deal is able to have multiple contacts assigned I am not sure why a custom field could not be created to assign multiple companies and contacts to a referral source for easy tracking.

Having a drop down property or even creating a list just does not work when your referral can come from anyone and could get unwieldy having to update a drop down or create a new list constantly.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am also looking for a drop down field with our "contact" or "company" elements (just like the hubspot user field.) 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

We would really benefit from having reporting on our resellers as you mentioned above. We have been using parent/child company fields to associate our reseller companies with their leads but this does not fit the reporting solution, and is not ideal anyway - thanks for the ideas