Partner Referrals - Reporting Ideas

Highlighted
Advisor

Hi All, 

Overall Goal - Track Partner deal referrals in a way that allows us to have clear reporting on Referral Source by Company, Name of individual, and see deal stages of deals from specific referral sources. 

Partner Referral Tracking Option 1:

I am attempting to set up a process that allows us to track "Referral Source". I have a list of companies in our HubSpot that are identified as partners on the company and contact level. I wanted to just associate the contact that referred us to the deal to the deal along with the contacts from the company we are selling to. This logic works until I attempted to create reports based on "Deals Associated Contacts". 

Question 1: Am I missing something? Can I create deal reports that allow me to filter by contact type "Partner" and associated deals? 

Partner Referral Tracking Option 2:

I created 2 deal properties - Referred by Name, and Referred by Company. These are both single-line text that allows for our team to enter in the referral source of the deal so we can create reporting. My issue with this method is the fact they are free form text that makes it nearly impossible to drive data entry consistency.

Question 2: Is there a way to pull a drop-down list from the list of contacts tagged as partners in our HubSpot instance? Assuming if there is this would be a custom development. Does anyone have experience doing this?

I appreciate any thoughts here. Thanks!

3 Replies 3
Resident Expert

@HubSpotMaster While I can not help you, it would be helpful to know your subscription level as not all are created equal. 

0 Upvotes
Advisor

@gelflex-cc I have Sales Professional in this instance. 

0 Upvotes
Advisor

@Phil_Vallender Have you ever faced this? 

0 Upvotes