Dashboards & Reporting

GHertsens

Overview deal phase, company & country

SOLVE

Hi,

We are a European company looking to enter the North American market soon. After some prospecting, we have had meetings with some companies there in the past few months, obviously different prospects are in different deal stages. Now I would like to make a list of all the North American prospects with whom we have already had a meeting and thus expressed concrete interest.

To get to my point, I just can't find an automatic way to differentiate my open deals based on countries. Would love to sort my deals and tick only the North American countries. Or vice versa, where I can see in which deal stage each North American company is in.

I want an overview of the companies and their dealstage linked to the country the company is in.

I hope you guys can help me.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GHertsens,

If you want to be able to filter deals by country, that country information must be made available on the deal record. One option is to maintain this information manually in a newly create custom property for the country, on the deal object.

Since you're on a Professional subscription, you could also automate this. You would use a workflow to copy the country information from the contact or company record to the deal record. Again, you would have to create a custom deal property that stores the country information. In a company or contact-based workflow, you would enroll a record when "Number of associated deals is known AND Country/Region is known". In a workflow action, you would then copy the value from the source field into the new country field on the deal record. (If you need more explanation or details here, let me know. Happy to elaborate.)

Alternatively, if your question relates more to generating insights (versus filtering deals from the deal index page), you can achieve this with custom reports.

Let me know which questions exactly you'd like to answer about deals and country and I can draft a report.

Generally, you navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create report > Custom report builder. You would then select as data sources Deals and the object that contains the country information. Next, you would display the Amount of deals by Deal stage, broken down by the country information, for example. The exact report settings depend on the question.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

FCorbaci
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

You can use lists for that.
Assumption: All your deals are associated with a company.

1) Create a company list.
2) Filter->Deal properties -> Select deal stages that you want to include.

FCorbaci_0-1674680034897.png

3) Filter-> Company properties -> Select your country filter

FCorbaci_1-1674680047587.png

This list should give you list of companies that have open deals and are in your desired countries.

If you are going to need this type of list frequently, I suggest storing country information on the deal level as a new custom property. You can copy company country information to deal level using workflow, it's fairly easy.
By doing that, you can filter all your deals from your deals tab.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
FCorbaci
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

You can use lists for that.
Assumption: All your deals are associated with a company.

1) Create a company list.
2) Filter->Deal properties -> Select deal stages that you want to include.

FCorbaci_0-1674680034897.png

3) Filter-> Company properties -> Select your country filter

FCorbaci_1-1674680047587.png

This list should give you list of companies that have open deals and are in your desired countries.

If you are going to need this type of list frequently, I suggest storing country information on the deal level as a new custom property. You can copy company country information to deal level using workflow, it's fairly easy.
By doing that, you can filter all your deals from your deals tab.

Cheers

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GHertsens,

If you want to be able to filter deals by country, that country information must be made available on the deal record. One option is to maintain this information manually in a newly create custom property for the country, on the deal object.

Since you're on a Professional subscription, you could also automate this. You would use a workflow to copy the country information from the contact or company record to the deal record. Again, you would have to create a custom deal property that stores the country information. In a company or contact-based workflow, you would enroll a record when "Number of associated deals is known AND Country/Region is known". In a workflow action, you would then copy the value from the source field into the new country field on the deal record. (If you need more explanation or details here, let me know. Happy to elaborate.)

Alternatively, if your question relates more to generating insights (versus filtering deals from the deal index page), you can achieve this with custom reports.

Let me know which questions exactly you'd like to answer about deals and country and I can draft a report.

Generally, you navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create report > Custom report builder. You would then select as data sources Deals and the object that contains the country information. Next, you would display the Amount of deals by Deal stage, broken down by the country information, for example. The exact report settings depend on the question.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.