Dashboards & Reporting

tammara
Contributor

Outlook emails not logging into CRM

SOLVE

Hi Everyone,

Can someone please advise ?In the last couple of days when emailing clients from gmail and checking both log and tracking boxes we have been coming across a glitch? In  Hubspot notifications we can see the tracking however under the  CRM contact platform the rencent emails are no longer showing. 

Not that tech savy so please speak slowly ; )

Thanks

Tammara

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @tammara

When you say you cannot see the emails, do you mean in the notification stream or on the contact's timeline? If you are not seeing contacts emails on their timelines, I would suggest looking at the "filter" of the timeline to see if "sales emails" is checked off. 

viewing filtered timeline.png

If you are referring to the notification stream (if it's empty) and you are able to send a screenshot in this thread (if you're comfortable doing so), that would be great. 

Thank you,

Jenny

View solution in original post

tammara
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi again,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! 

Have no clue how that little pesky box became unchecked, to be honest didn't even know it exsisted. Thanks again for all your help! Greatly appreciated.

Tammara

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
tammara
Contributor

SOLVE

Not using outlook. Not logging gmail 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @tammara

To confirm, you are sending emails from Gmail, checking both the 'log' and 'track' buttons, but the emails are not being logged? 

A few questions: 

1. Is this issue occurring when sending all emails, or only sproadically?

2. Is the issue occurring for one user, or all users?

3. When you look at the email in your sent folder of Gmail, do you see your bcc address populated in the sent email? ([yourhubid]@bcc.hubspot.com). 

4. Can you please send along screenshots of emails in your Gmail sent folder showing that the HubID was populated and screenshots of the recipient's timeline showing that the email was not logged? 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
tammara
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Jenny

Thank you so much for replying. 

To confirm, you are sending emails from Gmail, checking both the 'log' and 'track' buttons, but the emails are not being logged? 

Correct, all boxes checked

1. Is this issue occurring when sending all emails, or only sporadically?

Its pretty consistent. Occasionally for a moment or two I can see logged emails while signed in, but for the most part they are not available to me. If I pop over to another screen they seem to disappear.. 

2. Is the issue occurring for one user, or all users?

Total of 5 users, I am an admin and it's only effecting me.

3. When you look at the email in your sent folder of Gmail, do you see your bcc address populated in the sent email? ([yourhubid]@bcc.hubspot.com).  

Yes the Bcc is showing the hubspot ID

4. Can you please send along screenshots of emails in your Gmail sent folder showing that the HubID was populated and screenshots of the recipient's timeline showing that the email was not logged?  

I will send these in a personal msg due to client confidentiality. 

Thank you for your time, greatly appreciated

Tammara

0 Upvotes
tammara
Contributor

SOLVE

I tried to send you screen shots, however, when I press send, I see this

Authentication Failed.

• Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.
0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @tammara

Thank you for sending along that information. 

I am going to reach out to you through a direct message and see if that connection enables you to send along photos. 

In addition to sending along screenshots, if the email is showing bcc in your sent folder, it would be great if you can send along the email headers from those sent emails. If you can send a test email to an inbox you can retrieve the sent message to, then having the header of the sent email would also be great. Here are instructions for retrieving headers.

Thank you,
Jenny

Thank you, 

Jenny

0 Upvotes
tammara
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Jenny, 

Sent a test email yesterday, looks like you didn't receive.  

I'm not sure the problem is as I originally posted. It seems that my emails are being logged, I just can't view them. In fact, I can't see an email no matter who sent it.  That part of the CRM is blocked to me. However, If I log in as another user I can see mine and other users logged emails on the customer page.  It must be in the settings however I can't find the glitch. Please advise and thanks again for your help.

Tammara

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @tammara

When you say you cannot see the emails, do you mean in the notification stream or on the contact's timeline? If you are not seeing contacts emails on their timelines, I would suggest looking at the "filter" of the timeline to see if "sales emails" is checked off. 

viewing filtered timeline.png

If you are referring to the notification stream (if it's empty) and you are able to send a screenshot in this thread (if you're comfortable doing so), that would be great. 

Thank you,

Jenny

tammara
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi again,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! 

Have no clue how that little pesky box became unchecked, to be honest didn't even know it exsisted. Thanks again for all your help! Greatly appreciated.

Tammara

0 Upvotes