I am creating a new view for my transactions where I want to track, for each of them, the next steps.
The columns I want to display are :
What I can't do:
Could you help me with this?
Thank you very much,
Thursday - last edited Thursday
Happy to help here. Unfortunately, it's not possible to achieve everything you want to accomplish in one report. You'll have to create multiple reports.
- "Date of next activity": the column exists and tells me the date of the next activity whether it is a task, a meeting or a call. However, nothing appears if this date is earlier than today. The purpose of this view is to see if I have any overdue tasks.
The behavior of this date property can't be changed unfortunately. If you want to see overdue tasks, you would have to create a separate report on overdue tasks.
- Red/yellow/green bubble depending on the date of the next activity: there should be a column with a red bubble if the date of the next activity is before today, yellow if it is today and green if it is after today
Since the next activity is by definition in the future (and this behavior can't be changed), this is unfortunately not possible.
- Type of activity: there should be a column indicating whether the next activity is a meeting or a task....
If you're creating a separate report, not contact-based but activity-based, you can show upcoming activities by date and task. However, again, not possible within one report. It would have to be separate reports.
- Task title: there should be a column where the title of the task appears. This column will be empty if the next activity is a meeting.
See above, possible within multiple reports, not possible within one report.
- Meeting title: there should be a column where the meeting title appears. This column will be empty if the next activity is a task.
Same as previous point.
I understand and empathize that this is not what you're looking for. Unfortunately, these requirements cannot be fulfilled within one report. If however you create a report on overdue tasks, one on upcoming meetings etc., you can compile all of this information on a dashboard.
Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!
Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.