Dashboards & Reporting

WVidal

Next step views of all transactions

SOLVE

Dear all,

I am creating a new view for my transactions where I want to track, for each of them, the next steps.

The columns I want to display are :

• No of the transaction
  • Company attached
  • Date of the next activity
  • Red/yellow/green bubble according to the date of the next activity
  • Type of activity
  • Title of the task
  • Meeting title

What I can't do:

• "Date of next activity": the column exists and tells me the date of the next activity whether it is a task, a meeting or a call. However, nothing appears if this date is earlier than today. The purpose of this view is to see if I have any overdue tasks.
  • Red/yellow/green bubble depending on the date of the next activity: there should be a column with a red bubble if the date of the next activity is before today, yellow if it is today and green if it is after today
  • Type of activity: there should be a column indicating whether the next activity is a meeting or a task....
  • Task title: there should be a column where the title of the task appears. This column will be empty if the next activity is a meeting.
  • Meeting title: there should be a column where the meeting title appears. This column will be empty if the next activity is a task.

Could you help me with this?

Thank you very much,
William

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @WVidal,

Happy to help here. Unfortunately, it's not possible to achieve everything you want to accomplish in one report. You'll have to create multiple reports.

@WVidal wrote:
  • "Date of next activity": the column exists and tells me the date of the next activity whether it is a task, a meeting or a call. However, nothing appears if this date is earlier than today. The purpose of this view is to see if I have any overdue tasks.

The behavior of this date property can't be changed unfortunately. If you want to see overdue tasks, you would have to create a separate report on overdue tasks.

@WVidal wrote:
  • Red/yellow/green bubble depending on the date of the next activity: there should be a column with a red bubble if the date of the next activity is before today, yellow if it is today and green if it is after today

Since the next activity is by definition in the future (and this behavior can't be changed), this is unfortunately not possible.

@WVidal wrote:
  • Type of activity: there should be a column indicating whether the next activity is a meeting or a task....

If you're creating a separate report, not contact-based but activity-based, you can show upcoming activities by date and task. However, again, not possible within one report. It would have to be separate reports.

@WVidal wrote:
  • Task title: there should be a column where the title of the task appears. This column will be empty if the next activity is a meeting.

See above, possible within multiple reports, not possible within one report.

@WVidal wrote:
  • Meeting title: there should be a column where the meeting title appears. This column will be empty if the next activity is a task.

Same as previous point.

I understand and empathize that this is not what you're looking for. Unfortunately, these requirements cannot be fulfilled within one report. If however you create a report on overdue tasks, one on upcoming meetings etc., you can compile all of this information on a dashboard.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @WVidal,

Happy to help here. Unfortunately, it's not possible to achieve everything you want to accomplish in one report. You'll have to create multiple reports.

@WVidal wrote:

The behavior of this date property can't be changed unfortunately. If you want to see overdue tasks, you would have to create a separate report on overdue tasks.

@WVidal wrote:

Since the next activity is by definition in the future (and this behavior can't be changed), this is unfortunately not possible.

@WVidal wrote:

If you're creating a separate report, not contact-based but activity-based, you can show upcoming activities by date and task. However, again, not possible within one report. It would have to be separate reports.

@WVidal wrote:

See above, possible within multiple reports, not possible within one report.

@WVidal wrote:

Same as previous point.

I understand and empathize that this is not what you're looking for. Unfortunately, these requirements cannot be fulfilled within one report. If however you create a report on overdue tasks, one on upcoming meetings etc., you can compile all of this information on a dashboard.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.