Dashboards & Reporting

kbjornaas
Contributor

New Feature? Next Step/Cumulative Conversion on Funnel Report?

SOLVE

We noticed an update to the funnel reports that include two conversion rates: Next Step and Cumulative conversion. 

Does anyone know what the HubSpot definition is of these? We have assumptions but the numbers aren't completely working out for us. I looked at the documentation, release notes, discussions and can't figure it out. I have a request out with our CSM but wondering if I am just late to the game on this one. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 11.27.45 AM.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @kbjornaas,

I wanted to reach out and provide some clarification for the definitions of the difference percentages. 

The cumulative conversion will be for users who have gone through all of the stages in the report, whereas the next step conversion will be specific to the stage above. 

For example, the cumulative showing 25% is in reference to the 41 deals who are in proof of value, compared to the 160 that started in SAL: Demo (41/160 = 25.62%).

The 41% in next step conversion is in reference to the 41 deals who are in PoV compared to the 98 in Qualified Opp (41/98 = 41%). 

I have submitted feedback internally regarding getting better visibility of the definitions in app, and in the knowledge base articles, as well as regarding the look of the percentages being next to the stage, as opposed to in between, as the conversion rates will associate with the stage below where they are showing. 

Please let me know if you have any questions! 

Best,

Jenny

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
NRes
Participant

SOLVE

The other issue with these funnels is that they refer to the dates the object was created. For example instead of allowing me to select a data set of deals that entered a specific stage within a certain time period, the defaults the data set to those deals which were created within the time period I'm filtering by AND by the filter property. It doesn't say this explicitly and was very confusing to understand. I had to use pie charts to get these kinds of percentages and place them next to each other. But this increases my report count which means I need to upgrade once again to access more of what I need.

0 Upvotes
kbjornaas
Contributor

SOLVE

I spoke with support and they referenced these two pages that reflect the update to the report but don't go into any detail about the difference:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/create-custom-reports#funnels

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/differences-between-funnel-reports-types

So the answer I received was, no answer. But they have escalated it to get a more in-depth response. 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @kbjornaas,

I wanted to reach out and provide some clarification for the definitions of the difference percentages. 

The cumulative conversion will be for users who have gone through all of the stages in the report, whereas the next step conversion will be specific to the stage above. 

For example, the cumulative showing 25% is in reference to the 41 deals who are in proof of value, compared to the 160 that started in SAL: Demo (41/160 = 25.62%).

The 41% in next step conversion is in reference to the 41 deals who are in PoV compared to the 98 in Qualified Opp (41/98 = 41%). 

I have submitted feedback internally regarding getting better visibility of the definitions in app, and in the knowledge base articles, as well as regarding the look of the percentages being next to the stage, as opposed to in between, as the conversion rates will associate with the stage below where they are showing. 

Please let me know if you have any questions! 

Best,

Jenny

kbjornaas
Contributor

SOLVE

OK thank you! This is what we thought but wanted to confirm since HubSpot often has definitions that differ from the obvious when it comes to reporting 🙂