Dashboards & Reporting

StaCatS
Participant

Need to run a report that shows notes

SOLVE

Is there a way to show the date of the corresponding note? 

I'm trying to run a report capturing all the contacts that have a note containing a specific key word. In addition to filtering by note content/keyword. I would also like to be able to report on and filter by the date of the note in question.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@StaCatS if you create a HubSpot Custom Report on Contacts and include Sales Activities, you can create a pivot table that shows both sales notes and contact notes, depending on where the data lives in your records.

danmoyle_0-1655238336285.png

Then you can filter so you only have notes with specific keywords: 

danmoyle_1-1655238385863.png

The date question would be another filter it looks like, where "updated in the last" is an option.

danmoyle_2-1655238571156.png

Hope that helps get you closer to what you're looking for! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@StaCatS if you create a HubSpot Custom Report on Contacts and include Sales Activities, you can create a pivot table that shows both sales notes and contact notes, depending on where the data lives in your records.

danmoyle_0-1655238336285.png

Then you can filter so you only have notes with specific keywords: 

danmoyle_1-1655238385863.png

The date question would be another filter it looks like, where "updated in the last" is an option.

danmoyle_2-1655238571156.png

Hope that helps get you closer to what you're looking for! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
StaCatS
Participant

SOLVE

These are the report filters that I set:

HS-Report-Example.PNG

What if my"packet"note was not created/updated in the last 365 days, but some other note within the account was? This filter seems not specific enough to my cause. 

Also the "updated in the last" and "NOT updated in the last" doesn't even seem to work - in the "activity time" column in the report results, you can see two future dates showing up , 7/20/2022 and 8/10/2022. I would have assumed that those would have been excluded by my "NOT updated in the last" parameter of 20 days, but apparantly this parameter doesn't account for future dates. 

These are the table values I am showing:

HS-Report-Example2.PNG

For the second entry, Kevin, there are actually 3 tasks in the contact record with the term "packet" in them. One of the tasks, dated 12/14/2021 mentions "packet" in the description. That seems to be the only one appearing here. There are other tasks with packet in the title, dated 12/15/2021 and 2/3/2022, that are not showing up on this report.

For the third entry, Brian, there is a task due 7/20/2022 with "packet" in the description.

For the 4th entry, Doug, There is a note dated 6/8/2022  which mentions "packet" and also a task due 10/10/2022 with "packet" in it. The task, not the note is the one showing up in this report.

I don't understand why this report is spitting out the data the way it is. I know there are many more mentions of "packet" within contact records. 

UPDATE:

I since updated my first set of filters to expand the reach as best as I could tell (see below), but  only captured one more result.

HS-Report-Example3.PNG

0 Upvotes
danmoyle

SOLVE

@StaCatS I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but in this community thread I see another community member (a wizard, truly) answer a question that tells me that HubSpot notes as an object is still limited. I'd suggest throwing this into the Ideas forum as a product improvement, because at this point in your questions I'm feeling your frustration and I don't see an "easy button" answer, sorry.  Wish I had a better answer. 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
StaCatS
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the suggestion. I have created an idea here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Improved-Reporting-on-Notes/idi-p/670898

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @StaCatS,

Thanks for reaching out! I moved your comment to a new post to give it more visibility. 

I would like to tag some subject matter experts to get their advice.

Hi @danmoyle@StjepanGrcic@Josh@Bryantworks - Do you have any reporting suggestions for @StaCatS?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes