Dashboards & Reporting

Joybrnlla

Need to create chart to show inactive customers

SOLVE

Hello everyone,

Can anybody help me in creating a chart that will show the number of months that customers are with us vs months that they became inactive for the last calendar year comparing this year. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Joybrnlla,

When you say "inactive customers", are you referring to their inactivity towards your marketing and sales (email interactions, website visits etc.)? In that case you could use the following properties for report building:

Last marketing email open date

Sends since last engagement (number of marketing emails that have been sent since last email open or link click)

Recent sales email open date

Time last seen (date the contact has viewed a page on your website)

Recent conversion date (last submitted a form)

If you want to see the number of months since their last activity, the approach here would be to create a "Today" date property and then using calculation properties to calculate the number of days between the Last marketing email open date and today. You could then visualize this number of days in a chart.

HubSpot isn't very good at "x vs y" report or at "year over year" reports, so you'd have to create a separate report for x, y, and each year, in this case (and then put them next to each other on a dashboard for easy comparison).

Let me know if this is what you're looking for and if you need help in creating the custom report.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Joybrnlla,

When you say "inactive customers", are you referring to their inactivity towards your marketing and sales (email interactions, website visits etc.)? In that case you could use the following properties for report building:

Last marketing email open date

Sends since last engagement (number of marketing emails that have been sent since last email open or link click)

Recent sales email open date

Time last seen (date the contact has viewed a page on your website)

Recent conversion date (last submitted a form)

If you want to see the number of months since their last activity, the approach here would be to create a "Today" date property and then using calculation properties to calculate the number of days between the Last marketing email open date and today. You could then visualize this number of days in a chart.

HubSpot isn't very good at "x vs y" report or at "year over year" reports, so you'd have to create a separate report for x, y, and each year, in this case (and then put them next to each other on a dashboard for easy comparison).

Let me know if this is what you're looking for and if you need help in creating the custom report.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.