Dashboards & Reporting

DWilliams80
Participant

Need help showing closed deals over a certain time frame

SOLVE

Hi there,

I am creating a report that will show closed deals by companies over a rolling 365 day period. I have the report set up but I am having trouble setting a filter to only show companies with a certain number of deals during that time frame (6+, 4-5, and 2-3). I can't seem to find the right combination to filter the deals this way. Any ideas?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DWilliams80,

I don't think that's possible, at least not out of the box.

The only approach I can think of is creating a custom number or calculation which counts how many deals have closed in the last 365 days (e.g. by enrolling deals from the last year in a workflow and increasing a company number property by +1). This would not auto-update however and only be correct for the day when you run the report. You would then use this number property instead of the number of Associated deals.

This is a limitation of the tool – and workarounds are unfortunately high maintenance.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DWilliams80,

This would have to be a cross-object report, as the information about the number of deals sits on the company object: Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Custom Report Builder > Select data sources > Companies + Deals.

Depending on how exactly you'd like to visualize your data, these could be the settings:

karstenkoehler_1-1643261779086.png

karstenkoehler_0-1643261765690.png

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DWilliams80
Participant

SOLVE
Yes. I have the report set up this way. What I am struggling with is the filtering out old deals outside the past 365 days? I currently have the company name on the x axis and the count of deals on the y axis. That shows the data I want. The goal is to show only those companies that have closed 6 or more deals over the past year. Any ideas on setting up the filters to only include these companies?
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DWilliams80,

I don't think that's possible, at least not out of the box.

The only approach I can think of is creating a custom number or calculation which counts how many deals have closed in the last 365 days (e.g. by enrolling deals from the last year in a workflow and increasing a company number property by +1). This would not auto-update however and only be correct for the day when you run the report. You would then use this number property instead of the number of Associated deals.

This is a limitation of the tool – and workarounds are unfortunately high maintenance.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes