Dashboards & Reporting

brmnconsultant
Participant

My Deals report is not working properly

SOLVE

I open Sales→Deals and choose Deal create date "Last month" to see last month deals. 

I see 10 deals: 1 on the first stage, 1 on the second stage (combobox is hiding it), 2 on the third, 1 on the fourth stage, 5 on the fifth.

Group.png

When I open the Deals report, I see 10 deals, but their stages are not the same as at the Sales→Deals.

Screenshot 2022-05-20 at 15.01.49.png

When I click on 10 deals on report, I see deals with correct stages

Group 3.png

And here again I clicked of 2 deals on report

Group 2.png

Please let me know how to fix it.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @brmnconsultant,

I'm not 100% sure without poking around the report in your portal myself but here's what I think is happening: By default, this report will only show deals that have moved through all stages, sequentially. Otherwise the report couldn't be showing conversion rates (e.g. when a deal skips a stage). (The conversion rates only appear when the report is only showing deals that have moved through all stages.)

It simply couldn't be visualized. The deals that you have been moving around probably skipped stages – in that case the report wouldn't be showing them at all.

It's hard to tell from the screenshot but what you'd be looking for is the option to see deals that moved through any stage, not all stages. With that setting, HubSpot removes the conversion rates but shows all record, even the ones that skipped stages. In HubSpot Professional portals, this is what it would look like:

karstenkoehler_0-1653048397411.png

If you can't see the option to edit the report, then that's a limitation of the free CRM, unfortunately, and I'm not aware of any fix.

So in short: The deals don't display because the skipped deal stages.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @brmnconsultant,

I'm not 100% sure without poking around the report in your portal myself but here's what I think is happening: By default, this report will only show deals that have moved through all stages, sequentially. Otherwise the report couldn't be showing conversion rates (e.g. when a deal skips a stage). (The conversion rates only appear when the report is only showing deals that have moved through all stages.)

It simply couldn't be visualized. The deals that you have been moving around probably skipped stages – in that case the report wouldn't be showing them at all.

It's hard to tell from the screenshot but what you'd be looking for is the option to see deals that moved through any stage, not all stages. With that setting, HubSpot removes the conversion rates but shows all record, even the ones that skipped stages. In HubSpot Professional portals, this is what it would look like:

karstenkoehler_0-1653048397411.png

If you can't see the option to edit the report, then that's a limitation of the free CRM, unfortunately, and I'm not aware of any fix.

So in short: The deals don't display because the skipped deal stages.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

brmnconsultant
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you.

I've tested and it works. No stage skip — no report problem.