Dashboards & Reporting

MatthieuDumont
Participant

Monthly recurring revenues from line items

SOLVE

Hi,

I am using line items to parameter recurring deals as this is not an available feature.

The amount our clients chose to give our company each month is very variable.

They can chose to set a campaign amount to 1000 for two months and then decrease it to 800.

This is how I would do it:

If I set up a line item of 1000 monthly recurring amount with a two-months term with the following start date: 01.08.2021 and then create a line item of 800 with no term with the following start date: 01.10.2021

-> Monthly recurring amount shows 1800$ which is wrong because it should be only 800$

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot

Capture d’écran 2021-10-15 à 10.33.55.png

1 Accepted solution
impulsekring
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Agreed! It looks like there is a post for this in the ideas forum, and it's at the stage "In Planning", so fingers crossed it will be available in the future!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
MatthieuDumont
Participant

SOLVE

Hi thank you very much for your answer, but re-creating a deal almost every month is not really what we want to do as it will affect our prospective reporting: deal closed by month by rep, deal close rates, etc... 

I think just having the possibility to add change to the recurring revenues so it only reflects on the future and not on the past is just missing as all revenues are tied to a close date. Even if they are recurring, the revenues don't apply every month and for us it becomes just useless... 

0 Upvotes
impulsekring
Solution

SOLVE

Agreed! It looks like there is a post for this in the ideas forum, and it's at the stage "In Planning", so fingers crossed it will be available in the future!

impulsekring

SOLVE

I think the issue here is that "monthly recurring revenue" is meant to capture a consistent recurring revenue amount -- which is the opposite of what you are intending to capture, because your revenue amounts are inconsistent. 

What we instead need to do is create a new deal every time the recurring revenue changes as well as set the old deal to inactive. Here are step-by-step directions for managing a shift in monthly revenue amount:

• In the existing deal's Recurring revenue inactive date property, select the date of upgrade or downgrade.
  • In the existing deal's Recurring revenue inactive reason property, select either Upgrade or Downgrade.
  • Click Save.
  • Then, re-create the deal and select Upgrade or Downgrade as the Recurring revenue deal type. Enter the updated total amount in the Recurring revenue amount field.

This info and more can be found in HubSpot's KB article: Track recurring revenue in HubSpot

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MatthieuDumont 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @NicoleSengers @ConnorSlivensky @danmoyle do you have any thoughts for @MatthieuDumont on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

JKazarian
Contributor

SOLVE

Any suggestions?

0 Upvotes