Dashboards & Reporting

HubSpotMaster
Conseiller clé | Partenaire solutions Diamond

MQL Reporting

Résolue

What is the best way to create an MQL report that reports on the number of companies that became an MQL this month would be?

I am running into the issue that we have 20+ contacts from one company and when the lifecycle stage syncs for all it's skewing my individual MQL numbers. 

Thanks in advance, 

Adam

1 Solution acceptée
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Leader d'opinion

MQL Reporting

Résolue

Ahh. I see now. I digressed into thinking about MQLs at the Contact level again for a moment. My bad. Yes. Your logic around Company.MQL-date is flawless.

Seems like the Company-centric solution (without the date stamp) will only allow you to see specific monthly data for 'This month' and 'Last month'. You'd either need to use your custom date stamp or use a custom filter for each specific target month since 'Became a marketing qualified lead date' is only a Contact property. UGG
- see image

HubSpot Dashboard Report: Custom Date RangeHubSpot Dashboard Report: Custom Date Range

Optionally, you could just have HubSpot auto-deliver that custom Company MQL report monthly and call it a day. That is, unless you needed the historical monthly data to appear on the report for your use case.

Should be good to go now.

Interesting use case. Interesting solution. Makes very good sense for account based marketing (ABM) reporting. As you said, syncing Lifecycle Stage auto-inflates the MQL numbers (for Contacts) when what we reeally need to see is how many COMPANIES (or Accounts in ABM terms) became MQLs during the period.

Nice.

-ps

Date of Step can be applied to Companies via a Company Workflow.

- see image

HubSpot Company Workflow: Date of StepHubSpot Company Workflow: Date of Step

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

12 Réponses
bde_oliveira
Participant

MQL Reporting

Résolue

I think a good solution for this could also be:

- Create a report with companies and contacts as data

- Add on the X-axis the field "Became a marketing qualified lead date"

- Add on the Y-axis "Count of companies"

As filters you should, at least, add the company's Record ID as known.

0 Votes
SLowenthal
Participant

MQL Reporting

Résolue

Thanks for this suggestion - However, when I tried this and it didn't work, do you have any examples of how you did this?

Thank you,

Sacha

0 Votes
kvlschaefer
Gestionnaire de communauté

MQL Reporting

Résolue

Hi @bde_oliveira,

Thanks for sharing this reporting suggestion!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Votes
Lucien
Participant

MQL Reporting

Résolue

Hi HubSpotMaster,

I am facing the same issue. Have you found a good solution?

0 Votes
kvlschaefer

MQL Reporting

Résolue

Hi @Lucien,

Thanks for reaching out!

Would you be able to please create a new post here by clicking on "Create New Post" and include details and screenshots of the issue you are running into, please?

The reason we ask for you to do this is because this is an old post, and creating a new post ensures that you'll get maximum visibility among our community members. 🙂 

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
Caito124
Contributeur

MQL Reporting

Résolue

Hi there,

@MFrankJohnson and @HubSpotMaster -We would like to also track MQL conversion monthly at the company level. I attempted this workflow workaround by creating a new company date property "Became a marketing qualified lead" and then created the workflow to set date stamp. But how do you set up the triggers so HubSpot knows what date it needs to pull/copy to this property?

Thanks!

Caitlin

Thanks!

SLowenthal
Participant

MQL Reporting

Résolue

I am also struggling with this! I want to show how many MQLs we create on a company level, otherwise when a 'company' becomes an MQL it updates the lifecycle stage for all associated contacts, so it massively inflates our MQL numbers, when really it's one company = one MQL.

Suggestions on how to set this up would be very appreciated! 

Thanks!

Sacha

0 Votes
MFrankJohnson
Leader d'opinion

MQL Reporting

Résolue

>> Best way to create an MQL report that reports on the number of companies that became an MQL this month would be?

Great question Adam.

HubSpot wasn't designed for ABM (account based marketing) reporting by default, but you can easily solve for this by selecting Companies as your data set when using the new report designer. This will change the focus of the report output.
- see image

HubSpot ABM Reporting: CompaniesHubSpot ABM Reporting: Companies

This will give you a Companies report to add to your dashboard. From there, you may control the target timeframe -- e.g., This month!

- see image

HubSpot ABM Reporting: Company Lifecycle StageHubSpot ABM Reporting: Company Lifecycle Stage

Hope that helps.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

#hsc-li-05

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
HubSpotMaster

MQL Reporting

Résolue

@MFrankJohnson - This only provided me with the total number of MQL's and not the number of MQL's by month. 

I had to implement a workflow to date stamp when a company became an MQL so that I could run the report based on the count of date stamps to see the results over a period of time. 

MFrankJohnson
Leader d'opinion

MQL Reporting

Résolue

Again, you can control the dashboard timeframe and frequency (e.g., daily, weekly, monthly) at either the report level OR the dashboard level. Implementing at the dashboard level overrides all reporting frequencies previously set.

- see Customize your dashboard settings
- see image

HubSpot Dashboard: Date Range and FrequencyHubSpot Dashboard: Date Range and Frequency

Also, 'Became a marketing qualified lead date' is a default HubSpot property (managed by HubSpot). No need to create a custom property and time stamp for that intelligence.

- see HubSpot's default contact properties

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Votes
HubSpotMaster

MQL Reporting

Résolue

@MFrankJohnson - The time stamp is a "contact" property only correct? 

I have it set up to sync all contacts lifecycle with company lifecycle stage which creates an inflated MQL number at the contact level so the goal is to understand what total MQL (contact) is and compare that to MQL (company).  I apologize I didn't identify this in my initial post. 

This is what had me driving towards the custom property for companies. Is that logic correct? 

Appreciate your continued support,

Adam

0 Votes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Leader d'opinion

MQL Reporting

Résolue

Ahh. I see now. I digressed into thinking about MQLs at the Contact level again for a moment. My bad. Yes. Your logic around Company.MQL-date is flawless.

Seems like the Company-centric solution (without the date stamp) will only allow you to see specific monthly data for 'This month' and 'Last month'. You'd either need to use your custom date stamp or use a custom filter for each specific target month since 'Became a marketing qualified lead date' is only a Contact property. UGG
- see image

HubSpot Dashboard Report: Custom Date RangeHubSpot Dashboard Report: Custom Date Range

Optionally, you could just have HubSpot auto-deliver that custom Company MQL report monthly and call it a day. That is, unless you needed the historical monthly data to appear on the report for your use case.

Should be good to go now.

Interesting use case. Interesting solution. Makes very good sense for account based marketing (ABM) reporting. As you said, syncing Lifecycle Stage auto-inflates the MQL numbers (for Contacts) when what we reeally need to see is how many COMPANIES (or Accounts in ABM terms) became MQLs during the period.

Nice.

-ps

Date of Step can be applied to Companies via a Company Workflow.

- see image

HubSpot Company Workflow: Date of StepHubSpot Company Workflow: Date of Step

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com