Dashboards & Reporting

McBainKD
Contributor

Looking for examples of solid Sales Rep Dashboard to replicate.

SOLVE

Hey all,

I'm not new to Dashboards/Reporting, but I feel like I can be a lot better. We've gotten away with just having reporting for our managers but now I want to break away from that and give each of our team their own individual dashboard for reporting purposes.

Are there examples of good dashboards that exist out there? Trying to see if there might be reports that I'm not currently capturing that they would find useful.

2 Accepted solutions
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @McBainKD! In addition to the resources @kvlschaefer offered, here's my 2 cents. 

In Analytics Tools >> Sales Analytics, there are quite a few sales activities reports I'd be interested in, were I a sales rep or manager. There's completed activities (emails, meetings, tasks), call outcomes, time spent in deal stage ... a lot of these would help tell a comprehensive story on a sales dashboard. 

I'd also personally start with one of the HubSpot sales dashboards as inspiration - why reinvent the wheel? 

Finally, I'd think about the story you want to tell with the dashboard. Could it be in a timeline setup? Like I'd put at the top row what matters this year. Then I'd go into this quarter, this month, and this week. It can make the dashboard more digestible, which also informs you on which reports would tell the best story in that way. 

All the best! 

P.S. If you're interested, we put together an on-demand course for HubSpot Reporting that may offer some inspiration. Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for the mention, @kvlschaefer

@McBainKD, Kristen and @danmoyle's insight is great! I totally agree with Dan — start with the existing reports from HubSpot since those tend to cover all of the big sales metrics from my experience. 

There are a bunch of sales productivity reports that would be useful to your reps. I would also check out the deal filters that they commonly use for inspiration on the types of deals they're currently tracking.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks for the mention, @kvlschaefer

@McBainKD, Kristen and @danmoyle's insight is great! I totally agree with Dan — start with the existing reports from HubSpot since those tend to cover all of the big sales metrics from my experience. 

There are a bunch of sales productivity reports that would be useful to your reps. I would also check out the deal filters that they commonly use for inspiration on the types of deals they're currently tracking.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @McBainKD! In addition to the resources @kvlschaefer offered, here's my 2 cents. 

In Analytics Tools >> Sales Analytics, there are quite a few sales activities reports I'd be interested in, were I a sales rep or manager. There's completed activities (emails, meetings, tasks), call outcomes, time spent in deal stage ... a lot of these would help tell a comprehensive story on a sales dashboard. 

I'd also personally start with one of the HubSpot sales dashboards as inspiration - why reinvent the wheel? 

Finally, I'd think about the story you want to tell with the dashboard. Could it be in a timeline setup? Like I'd put at the top row what matters this year. Then I'd go into this quarter, this month, and this week. It can make the dashboard more digestible, which also informs you on which reports would tell the best story in that way. 

All the best! 

P.S. If you're interested, we put together an on-demand course for HubSpot Reporting that may offer some inspiration. Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @McBainKD,

Thank you for reaching out!

I wanted to refer you to this "10 Sales Dashboard Examples That'll Help You Set Up Your Own" post from the HubSpot Blog to draw inspiration for creating dashboards. 

I would also recommend exploring your reporting library (more on this here) and filtering the templates by  the HubSpot tool and report type to see if there are any premade reports you could add to your dashboard. Some of these premade reports also have customization options! 

I also wanted to invite our subject matter experts to this conversation to see if they have insight.

Hi @danmoyle@Josh@johnelmer@jolle - Which reports do you consider a must for a sales dashboard? Do you have any examples you could share with @McBainKD?

Thank you!

Best,
Kristen 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !