Dashboards & Reporting

SHiggs
Participant

Line Item Reporting

SOLVE

Hi Gang, 

This might be a stupid question, but is there any way to report on Line Item in Deal using the Free CRM? 

I can't seem to locate this as a report in the report library on the free version. I have even tried to download all the deal data and this report doesn't include the line item data. 

Is it a case of not being able to report on this with the free CRM ?

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Line Item Reporting

SOLVE

Hi @SHiggs,

This is indeed a limitation of the free product. Line item reporting is a custom reports feature, exclusive to Professional and Enterprise subscriptions:

karstenkoehler_0-1616740159217.png

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Line Item Reporting

SOLVE

Hi @SHiggs,

Your starting point would be the custom report builder under Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report. Here you could either create a single object report for Line items or a cross-object report for Deals and Line items. A report between Contacts and Line Items is not supported.

For your campaign, you'd have find the deals with certain line items first. Set the Filters of the report to deal "Create date is known" and line item "Create date is known" + whatever line item you're looking for. Then display the deals by Deal name.

From that point on, depending on the volume, you'd either take note of the deals and build your contact list manually. Or you export the report so that you can import it again with an additional column (= custom property), that "tags" all these deals. (There isn't any way to create a list from this report right away, unfortunately.) After importing the deals, you could create a contact list filtered by this additional custom property.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Line Item Reporting

SOLVE

Hi @SHiggs,

Your starting point would be the custom report builder under Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report. Here you could either create a single object report for Line items or a cross-object report for Deals and Line items. A report between Contacts and Line Items is not supported.

For your campaign, you'd have find the deals with certain line items first. Set the Filters of the report to deal "Create date is known" and line item "Create date is known" + whatever line item you're looking for. Then display the deals by Deal name.

From that point on, depending on the volume, you'd either take note of the deals and build your contact list manually. Or you export the report so that you can import it again with an additional column (= custom property), that "tags" all these deals. (There isn't any way to create a list from this report right away, unfortunately.) After importing the deals, you could create a contact list filtered by this additional custom property.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Line Item Reporting

SOLVE

Hi @SHiggs,

This is indeed a limitation of the free product. Line item reporting is a custom reports feature, exclusive to Professional and Enterprise subscriptions:

karstenkoehler_0-1616740159217.png

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

JoshKamp

Line Item Reporting

SOLVE

Very helpful.  Any idea on why a deal might show up multiple times in the same report while it only includes the line item once?  I also have a couple of deals that include the line item that do not show up at all...

TobiasBojesen
Participant

Line Item Reporting

SOLVE

That is because you are cross reporting on line items properties and deal properties. I have the same issue. 

I would like to see a amount in company currency pr line item, that would solve my problem. 

SHiggs
Participant

Line Item Reporting

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, 

I have signed up for the 14 day trial and can now access the Customer Report Builder in Hubspot - This is great. 

So, I am working on a campaign and need the email addresses of all the contacts that have a Line Item Name that are in the Closed Won deal stage. Ideally, I would like to add everything that has a Line Item Name into some form of Active or Static List so I can email all of these contacts. 

How do I do this? I have never actually used the customer report builder before so any guidance would be GREAT! 

Thanks, 

Sian

0 Upvotes