Dashboards & Reporting

NMonahan
Participant

Line Item Reporting in Default Currency

Hi

I'm setting up line items for our sales team to use and to help with SaaS v Services reporting. We sell in several different markets in different currencies. I have set up the foreign currencies within each line item. I can not seem to report on the total amount for each item in our system currency (£). HS will only show a total net amount, ignoring any currency conversion. Is there any way around this?

5 Replies 5
JoeDavies
Top Contributor

Hey @JenWeiss thanks for your suggestion - this is a real problem with the teams I work with too, as we cannot accurately report on differing line item types (ie software vs services, or recurring vs one-off sales) totals within our Deals and across different currencies, and not to mention the lack of automatic currency updates!

One other major issue the finance teams have that they're pulling their hair out over is that the non-account currencyy prices become outdated when the FX rate is changed as that static value doesn't have a consistent rate to convert against.

Given this is a long existing, built in feature for Deal objects, I'd have thought it would be relatively easy to roll out to line items too?

Would love to know if this is something under consideration by the product team!

Best,
Joe

Franklandsam
Participant

Agreed, we are able to create currencies and hubspot will convert the deal amount, but not the line items for reporting?  Seems like an oversight, surely this can be added easily!

JenWeiss
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @NMonahan

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

At this time there isn't a way to convert all currencies within a particular report. The closes workaround solution would be using the "amount in company currency" deal property. It will show the value of each deal in Pounds which is your company currency. So this will allow you to add this property to the report, and it should have the deal amounts reflected in Pounds. 

I will tag in some of our champions here to see if they have another workaround solution at this time as well: 

@Dan1 , @GrantCarlile and @NicoleSengers . Is there another alternative at this time? 

Best , 

@JenWeiss 

Whether you're a student or a lifelong learner. Join StudentSpot to be inspired.
hellokyliep
Participant

Appreciate the suggestion but doing this simply creates a report with the deal total in company currency for each line item. So if I have a deal worth $500K with 4 separate line items, each line item shows as $500K when I export it, rather than showing the accurate breakdowns that will total $500K. So any reporting on $ per line item is inaccurate. Don't understand why the conversion is available on the deal total but not on the individual line items. 

0 Upvotes
TobiasBojesen
Participant

Hi

I am looking for a solution to a similar issue. 

I am reporting on different products. I have created the products as line items and need to split the products into reccuring, projects, services and so on. 

But when I do this I can choose to either see the total amount in company currency pr deal and thus repeating the same amount pr line item (and summing the same amount several times) or see the price in different currencies summed up in a mess of currencies.

Can we get an amount in company currency pr line item?

That would solve the problem....