Dashboards & Reporting

NMonahan
Participant

Line Item Reporting in Default Currency

SOLVE

Hi

I'm setting up line items for our sales team to use and to help with SaaS v Services reporting. We sell in several different markets in different currencies. I have set up the foreign currencies within each line item. I can not seem to report on the total amount for each item in our system currency (£). HS will only show a total net amount, ignoring any currency conversion. Is there any way around this?

2 Accepted solutions
MDickinson16
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

We also need to report on products showing value in company currency (GBP).  
I note there is another feedback for this requirement - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Flexibility-to-change-line-item-currency-in-reports/i...

View solution in original post

DarianVretenar
Solution
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

We just solved this issue for one of our client. 

To summarize, this is possible using HubOps with Line Item, Deal and Association Endpoints. We're also using live exchange rates to convert 'price' to any other currency and then report based on it. 

Example: Line Items report in Company currency amount (4+ different currencies)

Reach out to us here

Darian

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
hellokyliep
Contributor

SOLVE

How is this an 'accepted solution' that the only way to fix is to contract with a third party vendor? What is the solution? Publish it here so we know how to get the line item data that we need out for different currencies. This is a pathetic response to a very serious weakness in Hubspot reporting. Global organizations need to have accurate line item reporting for different currencies. Why is this so difficult? 

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @hellokyliep,

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for any business impact this product limitation may be causing. 

It's currently not possible to change the line item currency in the reporting feature. 

I would encourage you to add your feedback to this related feature request in the Ideas Forum and upvote it to show your support. Our product team will be able to read your feedback and you'll be subscribed to any status updates made to the idea by our product team. 

You may also want to reach out to your Customer Success Manager about this feature request so they can file a roadblock and provide feedback to the team. 

Thank you for your understanding,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
hellokyliep
Contributor

SOLVE

I appreciate the quick response but the related feature request link your included doesn't exist, returns a Page Not Found message. Is there a separate page where I can log this request? The lack of functionality on currencies is a serious limitation.

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @hellokyliep,

Thank you for pointing that out! 

I've updated the link to the existing idea in my reply.

You can also access it here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Flexibility-to-change-line-item-currency-in-reports/i... 

Best, 

Kristen 

0 Upvotes
hellokyliep
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you. I had already upvoted that suggestion, but added my comments to it. 

DarianVretenar
Solution

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

We just solved this issue for one of our client. 

To summarize, this is possible using HubOps with Line Item, Deal and Association Endpoints. We're also using live exchange rates to convert 'price' to any other currency and then report based on it. 

Example: Line Items report in Company currency amount (4+ different currencies)

Reach out to us here

Darian

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @DarianVretenarl,

Thanks for sharing how you solved this with endpoints!

Best,

Kristen

MDickinson16
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

We also need to report on products showing value in company currency (GBP).  
I note there is another feedback for this requirement - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Flexibility-to-change-line-item-currency-in-reports/i...

JoeDavies
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @JenWeiss thanks for your suggestion - this is a real problem with the teams I work with too, as we cannot accurately report on differing line item types (ie software vs services, or recurring vs one-off sales) totals within our Deals and across different currencies, and not to mention the lack of automatic currency updates!

One other major issue the finance teams have that they're pulling their hair out over is that the non-account currencyy prices become outdated when the FX rate is changed as that static value doesn't have a consistent rate to convert against.

Given this is a long existing, built in feature for Deal objects, I'd have thought it would be relatively easy to roll out to line items too?

Would love to know if this is something under consideration by the product team!

Best,
Joe

JenWeiss
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @NMonahan

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

At this time there isn't a way to convert all currencies within a particular report. The closes workaround solution would be using the "amount in company currency" deal property. It will show the value of each deal in Pounds which is your company currency. So this will allow you to add this property to the report, and it should have the deal amounts reflected in Pounds. 

I will tag in some of our champions here to see if they have another workaround solution at this time as well: 

@Dan1 , @GrantCarlile and @NicoleSengers . Is there another alternative at this time? 

Best , 

@JenWeiss 

Whether you're a student or a lifelong learner. Join StudentSpot to be inspired.
hellokyliep
Contributor

SOLVE

Appreciate the suggestion but doing this simply creates a report with the deal total in company currency for each line item. So if I have a deal worth $500K with 4 separate line items, each line item shows as $500K when I export it, rather than showing the accurate breakdowns that will total $500K. So any reporting on $ per line item is inaccurate. Don't understand why the conversion is available on the deal total but not on the individual line items. 

TobiasBojesen
Participant

SOLVE

Hi

I am looking for a solution to a similar issue. 

I am reporting on different products. I have created the products as line items and need to split the products into reccuring, projects, services and so on. 

But when I do this I can choose to either see the total amount in company currency pr deal and thus repeating the same amount pr line item (and summing the same amount several times) or see the price in different currencies summed up in a mess of currencies.

Can we get an amount in company currency pr line item?

That would solve the problem....