Dashboards & Reporting

franksteiner79
Key Advisor

Lead Status Funnel Report & Time Stamping Lead Status

SOLVE

Hi Community Gang

I don't know if is wishful thinking on my part or does anyone know if there are plans to expand the funnel reporting feature beyond lifecycle stages and deal stages? I have this nagging feeling I heard or read about custom funnel reports but can't find anything about it online.

I have 2 goals:

1. I'd like to built a funnel report based on contact lead status, to see how contacts are moving through the stages. To the best of my knowledge that just isn't possible right now.
  2. On top, I'd like to see how long contacts remain in a certain lead status. As HubSpot isn't timestamping when a certain lead status is set (as is the case with lifecylce stages), I would have to create a few custom properties and workflows. Anyone done something similar? Any gotchas, learnings or recommendations?

Thanks

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
3 Accepted solutions
dsecareanu
Solution
Top Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Yup, the only solution afaik is to create custom date properties like "Became a lead date" and a workflow that stamps the date of step on the contact/company when this event happens. You can then create another set of custom, calculated properties, such as "Time between lead and MQL" and "Time between MQL and SQL" and so on, as the difference between those respective custom date properties. There might be some custom-coded actions that can do this as well, but I am not sure.

Later edit: I wanted to say "became a LS New date" instead of lead date, but you got the point. 🙂

Daniel Secareanu

RevOps Solutions Architect

Tigros Mark Tech

Bucharest, Romania

+40 723 513518
daniel@tigros.io
www.tigros.io
facebook
twitter
linkedin
instagram
Create Your Own Free SignatureFind Out More

View solution in original post

danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@franksteiner79 interesting thought experiment. I've always thought of lifecycle stage, lead status, and deal stages as all the layers of a buyer's journey, but haven't worked on making that lead status part of the analytics as you've described. 

On the surface, seems straightforward and like @dsecareanu said, would require some custom work. 

I wonder if customer journey analytics would also help? It's a high-tier feature, but maybe it could begin to help understand each of those status features. 

Thanks for the challenge... 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @franksteiner79, I'm with you and @dsecareanu — I believe you need custom date stamp properties and workflows to track progression for non-out-of-the-box HubSpot properties. But once you have those date properties, you can look at:

• Time between lesd status date stamps
  • Time between create date and any lead status date stamp
  • Time between any lead status date stamp and close date
  • Time between any lead status date stamp and lifecycle stage date stamp

Consider how long you're comfortable with letting a contact sit in the same lead status. You may want a workflow that automatically sets the status to "unresponsive" or something similar if their "Became [status] date" is more than 90, 180, 360, etc. days ago. Anything you can do to flag your outliers will serve you well!

It looks like there are some similar HubSpot Ideas threads on this functionality, but not a ton of traction. It could be worth sharing your use case and workarounds in those threads as well!

Hope everything goes smoothly with the buildout!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

4 Replies 4
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @dsecareanu , @danmoyle and @jolle thanks for the input!

I'll have a play around with timestamping the lead status and see where I get to.

So far I have only dabbled with user journey reports at a superficial level but this seems currently limited to a contact's actions (which kinda makes sense), but doesn't allow me to pick other custom properties - might pop that into an idea forum post as this would essentially allow any type of custom funnel/flow report to be built.

Cheerio

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
0 Upvotes
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @franksteiner79, I'm with you and @dsecareanu — I believe you need custom date stamp properties and workflows to track progression for non-out-of-the-box HubSpot properties. But once you have those date properties, you can look at:

• Time between lesd status date stamps
  • Time between create date and any lead status date stamp
  • Time between any lead status date stamp and close date
  • Time between any lead status date stamp and lifecycle stage date stamp

Consider how long you're comfortable with letting a contact sit in the same lead status. You may want a workflow that automatically sets the status to "unresponsive" or something similar if their "Became [status] date" is more than 90, 180, 360, etc. days ago. Anything you can do to flag your outliers will serve you well!

It looks like there are some similar HubSpot Ideas threads on this functionality, but not a ton of traction. It could be worth sharing your use case and workarounds in those threads as well!

Hope everything goes smoothly with the buildout!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@franksteiner79 interesting thought experiment. I've always thought of lifecycle stage, lead status, and deal stages as all the layers of a buyer's journey, but haven't worked on making that lead status part of the analytics as you've described. 

On the surface, seems straightforward and like @dsecareanu said, would require some custom work. 

I wonder if customer journey analytics would also help? It's a high-tier feature, but maybe it could begin to help understand each of those status features. 

Thanks for the challenge... 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
dsecareanu
Solution

SOLVE

Yup, the only solution afaik is to create custom date properties like "Became a lead date" and a workflow that stamps the date of step on the contact/company when this event happens. You can then create another set of custom, calculated properties, such as "Time between lead and MQL" and "Time between MQL and SQL" and so on, as the difference between those respective custom date properties. There might be some custom-coded actions that can do this as well, but I am not sure.

Later edit: I wanted to say "became a LS New date" instead of lead date, but you got the point. 🙂

Daniel Secareanu

RevOps Solutions Architect

Tigros Mark Tech

Bucharest, Romania

+40 723 513518
daniel@tigros.io
www.tigros.io
facebook
twitter
linkedin
instagram
Create Your Own Free SignatureFind Out More