Dashboards & Reporting

BFowler

Lead Source In Deals

SOLVE

Hi,
We have started using deals a lot more recently and are now trying to use it to measure the success rates of our leads.  We have about 10 unique leads for all of our contacts and we are looking to bring that data into our deals however there currently looks to be no way to do it.

In our perfect world we would love to be able to view our deals based on which lead that came from ie Facebook, Website, OPUS etc

Is this possible for us?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Lead Source In Deals

SOLVE

Hi @BFowler,

With a contact-based workflow, you could copy the contact "Lead source" value into a deal "Lead source" field. Do you have access to workflows?

karstenkoehler_0-1632817993455.png

(Keep in mind that there is currently no way to "sort" the lead sources of multiple contacts and to only copy the earliest. Whichever contact enrolls first, will be used as the source of truth.)

Without workflows, this is currently not possible.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
FBertasi
Contributor

Lead Source In Deals

SOLVE

Hi there, is it still possible? Can I still copy the original or latest source from the contact to the deal? Or is it automatically? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Lead Source In Deals

SOLVE

Hi @BFowler,

Which property are you referring to, the contact Lead source or the deal Lead source? The latter is not a default property, you would have to create a custom deal property here first.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

BFowler

Lead Source In Deals

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler 

I'm not quite sure how to do that 2nd part with the deal lead source,
Did you want to set up a zoom call or something where you could quickly run through it with me.

The whole goal of this is that we just want to be able to see the lead sources from the deals overview interface.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Lead Source In Deals

SOLVE

Hi @BFowler,

With a contact-based workflow, you could copy the contact "Lead source" value into a deal "Lead source" field. Do you have access to workflows?

karstenkoehler_0-1632817993455.png

(Keep in mind that there is currently no way to "sort" the lead sources of multiple contacts and to only copy the earliest. Whichever contact enrolls first, will be used as the source of truth.)

Without workflows, this is currently not possible.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

BFowler

Lead Source In Deals

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler 

How are you going?
We have now upgraded to workflows and I am struggling to find this information in the right hand side of the column. I can't see the first lead source and lead source copied.

Where might I go about finding this?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
BFowler

Lead Source In Deals

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

We currently don't have workflows however we are certainly are interested in moving up to sales professional account from our current starter account. Its just about whether that expenditure is going to be beneficial for us moving forward.

Thanks

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Lead Source In Deals

SOLVE

Hi @BFowler,

HubSpot automatically maintains this information in the following properties:

• Original source data 1: additional information about the original source for the associated contact, or associated company if there is no contact, with the oldest value for the Time first seen property.
  • Original source data 2: additional information about the original source for the associated contact, or associated company if there is no contact, with the oldest value for the Time first seen property.
  • Original source: the original source for the associated contact, or associated company if there is no contact, with the oldest value for the Time first seen property.

You can find this information by clicking the View all properties button in the left sidebar of a deal record. You can also use it when creating custom reports.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

BFowler

Lead Source In Deals

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler Karsten,

Thanks for sending all of that through,

Unfortunately that doesn't really help us with our goals. 

We are looking to get this green column added to our deals section.

Screenshot 2021-09-28 153548.png

If there is anyway in which you can help us it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Lead Source In Deals

SOLVE

Hi @BFowler ,

Lead status is actually a HubSpot's default property to know the status of 'Leads'. If you want to have the same in deals, you have to create a 'Lead Status' deal property with the same option: Manage your properties (hubspot.com).And then copy the value from contact's lead status to deal's lead status property. If you have access to workflows, you can create a wf to copy the values or if not, you have to feed the values manually. Let us know, if you need help with the workflow.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regard.

0 Upvotes