Issue on the values of the "Deal Snapshot" dashboard

New Contributor

Hi folks,

As I am new either in the CRM world and also in the sales', please apologise if I am puting an stupid question, OK?

Well, I started using Hubspot this week and after importing some of my data (Companies) and setting up manually others (Contacts and Deals), I noticed the "Deal Snapshot" dashboard info does not correlates with the actual "Sales Pipeline" under Deals.

To give a real example, I have the following Pipeline (with actual amounts)...

• Prospect = 7
  • Contact Made = 34
  • Qualified to Buy = 2
  • Demo Scheduled = 1
  • Proposal Made = 4
  • Pilot started = 0
  • Close Won = 1
  • Close Lost = 1

... and that should result in the following "Deal Snapshot" dashboard data according to the assumption that, for the sake of a pipeline to make sense, "later statuses" amounts should be added up on the "earlier ones", so you have a decay along the way:

• Prospect = 50
  • Contact Made = 43
  • Qualified to Buy = 9
  • Demo Scheduled = 7
  • Proposal Made = 6
  • Pilot started = 2
  • Close Won = 1
  • Close Lost = 1

The problem is that the "Deal Snapshot" dashboard spits incorrect numbers:

• Prospect = 50
  • Contact Made = 1
  • Qualified to Buy = 2
  • Demo Scheduled = 1
  • Proposal Made = 0
  • Pilot started = 0
  • Close Won = 0
  • Close Lost = 0

I noticed that when you pick an specific Deal on the Pipeline and change his status manually, this report magically "sees" the correct data, as if the were an internal trigger.

That said, in order to have the correct Snapshot, one would need to always create first a Prospect Deal and only then move towards the Pipeline, which IMHO is a dangerous point of error.

I solved this issue putting the data on an Excel spreadsheet, hopefully for a short period of time until the issue is solved / understood.

Any thouhgts on it?

Best,

Marcelo

--

28 Replies 28
Community Manager

Hey @mpkhoury welcome to the HubSpot Community - and this is by no means a stupid question!

Can I just clarify that by 'Deal Snapshot' you mean the 'Deals Forcast' that is displayed on your CRM homepage/dashboard?

There are three reasons why your deal may not be appearing in your Deal Forecast:

1. An amount must be set for the deal.

2. The deal's close date must be within your selected time frame.

Screen Shot 2016-11-25 at 12.15.40 PM.png
3. The weighted total of the deal stage must represent more than 3% of either the total forecasted value or your quota (whichever is higher).

Note: The quota bar will only appear on the Deal Forecast if the total forecasted value of your deals is greater than 20% of the quota.

If I have misunderstood the question then do of course let me know! Happy to help get you started. 

mbs
New Contributor

Hello - 

We are having similar problem with the new "deal snapshot" (beta) chart of "count of deals". Where the number of deals by stage in each stage do not match deal count in the pipeline. I understand the point made earlier that the amount must be set. I would have thought that given it is "count of deals" and not forecast in both cases it would show the correct numbers. Below are screenshots of 

A) Deal Snapshopt (beta)

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 2.38.33 PM.png

and B) Pipeline snapshopt under "deals"

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 2.36.14 PM.png

Is there a quick way to correct the "deal snapshot", count of deals chart?

Thanks.

New Contributor

The same problem in my account

New Contributor

We experience exactly the same problem

New Contributor

Hi @roisinkirby,

Thanks for the quick response. Just to clarify, my comment refers to the "Deal Snapshot" under the "Sales Dashboard" (beta) and not the "Deals Forecast" as you have mentioned. I have tried to fix the info described on your first two comments but no success so far. Comment #3 I didn't quite understood to be honest -- maybe it has to do with the Forecast report.

PS: @mbs described the exactly same problem as mine.

Best,

Marcelo

--

Esteemed Contributor

I have a deal not showing up on my Deal Forecast and I currently have 0 quota set and the specifice deal is more than 3% of the total Forecast. I have selected the correct month as all data and all pipelines, but this deal does not appear on the forecast?

Esteemed Contributor

I did receive an answer on this for my issue. At the time I posted this, HubSpot had changed the criteria to 5%, but had not updated any academy documentation or help info. I believe the documentation is updated to 5% now.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

We are experiencing the same issue. It's quite worrying that Hubspot is releasing new features yet not fixing the basic and most important of all dashboard views: how many deals you have closed/in the pipeline. @roisinkirby any update??

Community Manager

Hey @TT001 @mpkhoury @markjnor @juanmarenco @BrandonQR

Hey all, the Deal Snapshot is a funnel report. This means that the report will only show you the contacts or deals who moved through the specific deal stages (New Lead, Contact Made, Relationship Building etc) in order within the specified time period. For example in your case if a contact became a New Lead then moved to the Contact Made stage but then skipped to the Won stage this contact would only show up in the report under New Lead and Contact Made.

In comparison to this a pipeline report would show you the number of contacts or deals that have entered any of the lifecycle or deal stages during the specified time period regardless of the order. This article will give you further information on the differences between the two.

In order to create a report that will show you the number of deals in a particular stage you will need to create a custom report.This kind of report can be created through the Reporting add on you can avail of with HubSpot.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I understand the funnel aspect and that you can't skip stages.  However, I'm still having issues where I've moved a deal to Closed Lost and it's not showing up on the Deal Stage Funnel report or the Deal Snapshot.  What do I have to do for it to show up there?  I have the dashboard looking at All Time, All Pipelines, etc.; no filters are on.

Occasional Contributor

Hi @roisinkirby

I understand the part about "a pipeline report would show you the number of contacts or deals that have entered any of the lifecycle or deal stages during the specified time period regardless of the order." 

If my sales team e.g. by accident drag a deal to a wrong stage, and would like to undo the action, it is simply impossible. Is it really impossible to undo an action like this? 

Then you say: "In order to create a report that will show you the number of deals in a particular stage you will need to create a custom report"

So my question is: how do you do that? I've been trying to figure it out, but simple cannot figure out to create a custom sales pipeline report, that only shows the number of deals in a particular stage and where it's possible to change the stage of a deal backwards..

New Contributor

Appologies for thread-necro.

I'm having the same issue with my Pipeline Dashboard because people inadvertently move deals through stages, then put them back where they belong. This permenently affects the pipeline report and the history of the deal. Can I not delete those steps in a deal's history and fix the report? Can I not undo mistakes?

Community Manager

@kcooper is this something you have come accross before?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Top Contributor

We are actually experiencing the same issue, and across multiple versions of the Deal Stage Funnel Report

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 4.51.46 PM.png

Both reports are based off of our Deal View that is a filter for all deals that were created after 1 June 2016 (and exclude a particular HubSpot owner). Neither of these reports A) match each other or B) match the deal view. The counts of deals/stage is completely different in all three places - we are still working to understand how this report works. 

Esteemed Contributor

I can get my deal stage funnel and my deal snapshot report to match, but it doesn't match what's actually in HubSpot. I filtered the report to just this month and the number is the same for both reports; however, is NOT the correct number based on what is actually in HS. 

Esteemed Contributor

In addition, the Deal Leaderboard and the Deal Revenue Leaderboard are not correct. One account manager is completely wrong, but the other 4 are correct on the Deal Revenue Leaderboard. If Deal Revenue Leaderboard is supposed to reflect the forecasted deal amounts - it's not correct for any of the account managers; all it's showing is closed won totals and not what's forecasted to close. On the leaderboard which should be actual closed won deal values, it's incorrect. I've just narrowed down to look at this month for simplicity and totally incorrect with what has actually closed.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I am also experiencing the same problem

New Contributor

hi @roisinkirby, this issue persists, almost a year after the above query. It is an important report for getting a good understanding. Please prioritise this higher and resolve. Thanks!

New Contributor

We have the same problem too- it's really obvious on the Deal Snapshot report. The total Deals Created is right, but the subsequent display of the deals across the sales stages misses a bunch of deals and is misreporting the number of deals under the stages it is reporting. Given it's not a forecast and simply a representation of where all deals sit in the pipeline I can't understand why they're not all showing up. A solution to this problem would be really appreciated.

Occasional Contributor

I have exactly the same question.  I am considering paying for this service and Marketing but if these simple tools don't work then it would be foolish to do so.

Visitor

We are also experiencing this bug and I think it is definitely a bug with Hubspot.  As you can see in the two screenshots, the counts on the deal page are correct but do not match the dashboard report in anyway.

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 10.21.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-10 at 10.22.04 AM.png

Occasional Contributor

Im having the exact same problem and Hubstpot is not responding. Anybody has the paid the reporting update to personalice?

Thanks

Occasional Contributor

We are experiencing the same issues.  The way the data is currently reported doesn't provide an accurate representation of what is happening with the deals. 

I feel this should be a standard feature of the tool - the current set up doesn't lend itself to providing very valuable information and I think it's odd to force users to pay 300/month for a very basic feature.

HubSpot Moderator

I stumbled upon this post, so I thought i'd hop in to try and clear this up as users are still coming across this old post!

For the Deal Snapshot (and Deal Funnel + Contact Lifecycle Funnel) the deals need to move through the specified deal stages in order, as these reports are intended to show how things move along the funnel. That's because these reports are based on Funnel reporting.

As a quick example based on the default HubSpot deal stages, these are:

1) (Created) >

2) Appointment Scheduled > 

3) Qualified To Buy >

4) Presentation Scheduled > 

5) Decision Maker Bought-In >

6) Contract Sent >

7) Close Won; or

8) Close Lost.

To see a deal that's currently on "5) Decision Maker brought in" on the Deal Snapshot, it needs to be move through 1)Creation from 2) Appointment Scheduled > 3) Qualified To Buy > 4) Presentation Scheduled > 5) Decision Maker Bought-In.

If this deal skips "3) Qualified To Buy", it will show up to 1)Creation > 2) Appointment Scheduled, but not any further in the Snapshot!

New Contributor

That's a winner! I am new, had the exact same problem as described. As I entered deals into a new DB 'already in motion' I did skip steps in the pipeline. I was afraid I'd have to create new deals but nope, I just went back, stepped through the stages and now they appear on the Deal Snapshot Report. Great timing for me! I only came across this yesterday...Smiley Happy

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi Shannon,

so how does that work for a deal that's lost. It can't move through all the stages in the deal stages in order, as it could be lost at any time. Does the logic you use to create this report mean that Close Lost deals will never show up on the funnel reporting? If that's the case, it seems like bad logic to me.

your perspective on how this should work would be really useful.

thanks

Occasional Contributor
I agree. It's the same for lifecycle stage. A sql could become dead before reaching opportunity. There's no stage for dead.
Regular Visitor

I don't agree with the answers on this.

It would make sense to have it where any deals on step 4 of the funnel track as if they passed through steps 1-3 as they did in fact do that even if someone didn't drag them to each step manually. Just because a sales rep had a demo, estimate, and sale in 1 day shouldn't make the report completely inacurate.  And as others have noted a deal that is lost rarely gets to the last step and then is lost. I am trying to think of a real world scenario that you would want it to work like this rather than how people expect it to work.