Dashboards & Reporting

andyrobertson1
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Is it possible to track sales staff's time spent in HubSpot?

lösung

I'm wondering if it's possible to track our sales team's time spent in HubSpot?

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Josh
Lösung
Trendsetter/-in | Platinum Partner

lösung

Hi @andyrobertson1 ,

I would argue that time spent is not as important as activity. In that case, we would recommend tracking activity and outcomes, which are both already reportable, as @MFrankJohnson indicated. Personally, I don't care if a rep takes 10 hours or 40 hours to meet their quota...I just care that they meet their quota.

If they aren't meeting their quota, activity is usually a good indicator of where they're missing the mark and you can work to improve activity. 

If tracking a sales rep's time spent is important to you, I think you'll have to use a 3rd party application to make it happen.

Thanks for the ping @MFrankJohnson

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 Antworten
zaklein
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @andyrobertson1 

While I agree with emphasising the importance of achieving outcomes (rather than time spent) for sales/service/project teams, there are definitely use cases that benefit from the involvement of time tracking software.

With this in mind, if you have access to custom objects in your HubSpot portal(s), you might be interested in StopWatch for HubSpot (a simple time tracking app designed to exist entirely within HubSpot). It allows you to track time against Deals, Contacts, Companies and Tickets using a "StopWatch" interface in the right sidebar on an individual record view, with the resulting "Time Logs" saved as custom object records within your HubSpot account. If you are interested, you can find the app's usage guide here.

Hope you give it a try. Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

All the best,

Zach

MFrankJohnson
Vordenker/-in

lösung

Tracking time spent in HubSpot is NOT native built-in functionality. However, some sales teams structure calling, emailing, or other trackable behaviors to begin AND end within agreed upon timeframes -- e.g., Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm. These events are 'tracked' by default.

@Josh may has some ideas around this sort of tracking.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
Josh
Lösung

lösung

Hi @andyrobertson1 ,

I would argue that time spent is not as important as activity. In that case, we would recommend tracking activity and outcomes, which are both already reportable, as @MFrankJohnson indicated. Personally, I don't care if a rep takes 10 hours or 40 hours to meet their quota...I just care that they meet their quota.

If they aren't meeting their quota, activity is usually a good indicator of where they're missing the mark and you can work to improve activity. 

If tracking a sales rep's time spent is important to you, I think you'll have to use a 3rd party application to make it happen.

Thanks for the ping @MFrankJohnson

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

MFrankJohnson
Vordenker/-in

lösung

+2

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes