Is it possible to track sales staff's time spent in HubSpot?

SOLVE
Occasional Contributor

I'm wondering if it's possible to track our sales team's time spent in HubSpot?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor | Gold Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

Hi @andyrobertson1 ,

I would argue that time spent is not as important as activity. In that case, we would recommend tracking activity and outcomes, which are both already reportable, as @MFrankJohnson indicated. Personally, I don't care if a rep takes 10 hours or 40 hours to meet their quota...I just care that they meet their quota.

If they aren't meeting their quota, activity is usually a good indicator of where they're missing the mark and you can work to improve activity. 

If tracking a sales rep's time spent is important to you, I think you'll have to use a 3rd party application to make it happen.

Thanks for the ping @MFrankJohnson

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

We help tier 1 & 2 manufacturers generate leads!
HubSpot Gold Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

3 Replies 3
Community Superstar

Tracking time spent in HubSpot is NOT native built-in functionality. However, some sales teams structure calling, emailing, or other trackable behaviors to begin AND end within agreed upon timeframes -- e.g., Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm. These events are 'tracked' by default.

@Josh may has some ideas around this sort of tracking.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

MFrankJohnson-dot-com-HubSpot-Community-banner-gif-v20190817

Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor | Gold Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

Hi @andyrobertson1 ,

I would argue that time spent is not as important as activity. In that case, we would recommend tracking activity and outcomes, which are both already reportable, as @MFrankJohnson indicated. Personally, I don't care if a rep takes 10 hours or 40 hours to meet their quota...I just care that they meet their quota.

If they aren't meeting their quota, activity is usually a good indicator of where they're missing the mark and you can work to improve activity. 

If tracking a sales rep's time spent is important to you, I think you'll have to use a 3rd party application to make it happen.

Thanks for the ping @MFrankJohnson

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

We help tier 1 & 2 manufacturers generate leads!
HubSpot Gold Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Community Superstar

+2

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

MFrankJohnson-dot-com-HubSpot-Community-banner-gif-v20190817

0 Upvotes