Dashboards & Reporting

MII2021

Is it possible to have one deal included in two different pipelines?

SOLVE

We're setting up our deal pipelines and there will be times when we'd want one deal included in two different pipelines. We're setting up a US Sales Pipeline for all US sales. But we're also breaking that out into subcategories/sectors like: corporate sales, educational, distributors, hospitals, etc. 

For example: if we're working on a deal for Harvard University, we'd want the deal included in the educational pipeline (since it's a school) AND the US Sales pipeline (since they're based in the US). We'd need it in both pipelines so that when I run a report for the head of the education team, the deal is included in the education report; and when I run a large-scale report for the board only broken out by US and International sales, it'll also be included in that report. Thanks for your help (in advance!) everyone! 

3 Accepted solutions
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MII2021 

There's no way to have a Deal in two pipelines at the same time. You could clone the deal across pipelines but that would inflate the numbers...

So, what I recommend, is adding a Custom Property to your Deal with multi-checkbox for your Deal Sub Category e.g. Corporate Sales, Educational, Distributors, Hospitals, etc. 

Then you can create a view filtered by Deal Sub Category for day-to-day use.

And you can customise your Reporting and Dashboards by Sub Category and/or Region e.g. filter the report to show US and Educational Deals only.

Have fun

Mike

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MII2021,

I'd echo @Mike_Eastwood's recommendation to create a custom deal property called Deal category. Generally, you only want to use multiple pipeline if the sales process between them differs to such a degree that you need different stages. For any other situation, it's best practice to filter your deal view or your reports. More pipelines always means more maintenance, more complexity and more room for error.

In reports, you can easily look at that just for those deals by filtering the report for a value in this property, see this screenshot from the Filters sidebar of a single-object deal report:

karstenkoehler_0-1624591151836.png

You can make this Deal category property appear when users creat new deals, making sure that this information is always provided: Set the properties that appear when creating records

I would also place this in the deal record sidebar and preview cards for easy access: Customize record sidebars and preview cards

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MII2021 ,

You cannot have one deal in two pipelines in HubSpot. I think what @Mike_Eastwood and @karstenkoehler suggested will the best practice for this issue.
Creating a custom property with multi-checkboxes and then put Corporate Sales, Educational, Distributors, Hospitals etc as the options.

Corporate Sales, Educational, Distributors, Hospitals,

3 Replies 3
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MII2021 ,

You cannot have one deal in two pipelines in HubSpot. I think what @Mike_Eastwood and @karstenkoehler suggested will the best practice for this issue.
Creating a custom property with multi-checkboxes and then put Corporate Sales, Educational, Distributors, Hospitals etc as the options.

Corporate Sales, Educational, Distributors, Hospitals,

Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @MII2021 

There's no way to have a Deal in two pipelines at the same time. You could clone the deal across pipelines but that would inflate the numbers...

So, what I recommend, is adding a Custom Property to your Deal with multi-checkbox for your Deal Sub Category e.g. Corporate Sales, Educational, Distributors, Hospitals, etc. 

Then you can create a view filtered by Deal Sub Category for day-to-day use.

And you can customise your Reporting and Dashboards by Sub Category and/or Region e.g. filter the report to show US and Educational Deals only.

Have fun

Mike

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MII2021,

I'd echo @Mike_Eastwood's recommendation to create a custom deal property called Deal category. Generally, you only want to use multiple pipeline if the sales process between them differs to such a degree that you need different stages. For any other situation, it's best practice to filter your deal view or your reports. More pipelines always means more maintenance, more complexity and more room for error.

In reports, you can easily look at that just for those deals by filtering the report for a value in this property, see this screenshot from the Filters sidebar of a single-object deal report:

karstenkoehler_0-1624591151836.png

You can make this Deal category property appear when users creat new deals, making sure that this information is always provided: Set the properties that appear when creating records

I would also place this in the deal record sidebar and preview cards for easy access: Customize record sidebars and preview cards

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.