Dashboards & Reporting

VincentTep
Participant

Indicator: count of companies contacted for the first time in a given time range

SOLVE

Hello everyone,

My work involves doing a lot of cold calling.

As a consequence, I am interested in having an indicator that lets me know how many companies I have reached out to for the first time ever in a given week.

Before I reach out to a company for the very first time, I create a Call task in this company's card:

Call Company X    18/01/21, 2PM

On that day, I mark this activity complete and also send them an email, or write a note...

I would like the marking of this very first activity as "Complete" to increment by 1 an indicator. How can I do that please? Thank you.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Indicator: count of companies contacted for the first time in a given time range

SOLVE

Hi @VincentTep,

I missed that, thanks for clarifying. HubSpot doesn't have a default field for that so you would have to create a custom date property for companies, e.g. First contacted.

Without access to workflows (available in Professional and Enterprise), you would have to update this field manually. For easy access, you could put the field in your company record sidebar: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-record-sidebars

With workflows, you could enroll companies when Last contacted is known and First contacted is unknown, followed by an action that stamps the date into that property. This would effectively only enroll companies once – after your first outreach.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @VincentTep,

The easiest way to see how many contacts you've reached out to in a week would be an active list or a saved view: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-customize-and-manage-your-saved-views

HubSpot keeps track of the date of the last outreach on a company record, the property is called Last contacted. Under Menu > Contacts > Companies, click More filters and search for Last contacted, select This week and you end up with a list of exactly those companies.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
VincentTep
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thank you for your reply.

What you suggested will yield a list of all companies I have contacted that week.

I am interested in getting a list of all companies I have contacted for the very first time that week.

What do you suggest?

Thanks again!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @VincentTep,

I missed that, thanks for clarifying. HubSpot doesn't have a default field for that so you would have to create a custom date property for companies, e.g. First contacted.

Without access to workflows (available in Professional and Enterprise), you would have to update this field manually. For easy access, you could put the field in your company record sidebar: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-record-sidebars

With workflows, you could enroll companies when Last contacted is known and First contacted is unknown, followed by an action that stamps the date into that property. This would effectively only enroll companies once – after your first outreach.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

VincentTep
Participant

SOLVE

All right, thanks... I'll accept your answer as a solution... Although this isn't one considering I only have Starter 😞

0 Upvotes