Dashboards & Reporting

MorganW
Contributor

Identifying deals that have moved from inactive to active within a set time period?

SOLVE

Fairly new user here at report creation!  Could someone give me a clue how I would create a report that shows the deals that have moved from inactive to active status in the last two weeks?  

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Identifying deals that have moved from inactive to active within a set time period?

SOLVE

Hi @MorganW,

Got it, I have an idea. This would require two custom properties:

Inactive (for 45 days) since date, a date property

Revived deal, a single checkbox type property

In a deal-based workflow, you would enroll deals when Last activity is more than 45 days ago:

karstenkoehler_4-1619202802922.png

A second workflow would compare the Last activity date and the Inactive (for 45 days) since date. If the deal has been active since, it would be marked as revived.

karstenkoehler_5-1619202879660.png

You can now filter your deals by "Revived deal is any of Yes".

What do you think?

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
JBlake1
Participant

SOLVE

Hi

The solution here looks like just what I am after however, I dont know how to create custom properties.

I would be looking to create the following:

Can you advise please? 

Many thanks

Jenna

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Nice one, @MorganW!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
MorganW
Contributor

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler I've created the report and tested - it works great.

I've enhanced the workflow by creating another date property (Revived Date)  which is set when Revived deal is set to yes.  I created a new workflow which removes the Revised deal flag after 31 days:

MorganW_0-1619459800210.png

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MorganW,

Got it, I have an idea. This would require two custom properties:

In a deal-based workflow, you would enroll deals when Last activity is more than 45 days ago:

karstenkoehler_4-1619202802922.png

A second workflow would compare the Last activity date and the Inactive (for 45 days) since date. If the deal has been active since, it would be marked as revived.

karstenkoehler_5-1619202879660.png

You can now filter your deals by "Revived deal is any of Yes".

What do you think?

Karsten Köhler

JBlake1
Participant

SOLVE

HI 

The solution here looks like just what I am after however I dont know how to create custom porperties.

I would be looking to create the following:

Many thanks

Jenna

0 Upvotes
MorganW
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks so much Karsten, I'll give that a go and let you know how I get on.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MorganW,

How do you define whether a deal is active or inactive?

Looking at the default properties (such as Last activity date, Last contacted or Last modified date), you could create a report of deals that had one of these dates within the last 14 days. Now whether they've been inactive before is hard to assess – you'd need the latest and previous value for these date properties, HubSpot however only stores the latest.

Calculating the time between the last activity and today will unfortunately also fail – once the deal is active again, this time difference will jump back to 0.

If you could provide more context around your definition of activity/inactivity, that would help. From a first glance however it would require manual maintenance of at least on property.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

MorganW
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler , thank you very much for your response.  For definition of inactive I'd like to capture the flag that marks a deal as inactive or not, as per this screenshot:

MorganW_0-1619193485769.png

If it's not possible to detect (for reporting purposes) when this flag has moved from inactive to active for a given deal then I'll need to consider a workaround.  

We are looking to create a management report which shows dormant deals that have come back to life through some level of activity.

0 Upvotes