Dashboards & Reporting

Baba70
Miembro

How to set a report of percentage of contact success by contact source?

resolver

Hello everyone,

In our company we receive leads (contacts) from different sources (our own ad campaigns, different lead suppliers,etc), which are marked as a contact property: SOURCE. 

Then the contact success measure at this stage is "APPOINTMENT MADE". 

So I'd like to set a report showing the percentage of property "APPOINTMENT MADE" for each SOURCE, to see which one is the best performing.

Do you have any tips?

Thank you.

0 Me gusta
2 Soluciones aceptadas
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @Baba70,

I'm not aware of ways to visualize this in one report, this is a limitation of the report builder.

However, you could approach this with a pie chart for each source, as this automatically comes in a % visualization. For example, for the SOURCE ad campaign, visualize in a pie chart the property value of APPOINMENT MADE. It will then show the % of n/a or empty values and the % of contacts where this property has a value. You would then repeat this for all the other source. For an easy overview, you would place these reports side by side on a dashboard.

It's not perfect but the best solution under the current limitations, I'd say.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

kevinmead
Solución
Miembro | Partner nivel Elite

resolver

Hi @Baba70 , I had a similar issue when trying to track average revenue per lead by channel. The solution I landed on that worked for me was to create a new number property that is either 1 or 0. We'll call that new property "Appointment Made Calculation".

1 would be whether an appointment was made and 0 would be the default. It is important that you create a workflow that sets this property to 0 all the time. If you do not, HubSpot will remove it from your average.

From there, you will want to tag all contacts now and in the future using a workflow to set "Appointment Made Calculation" to 1 every time your "APPOINTMENT MADE" property is true. While you're at it, make sure you make another workflow that says if "Appointment Made Calculation" ( the new property ) is unknown, mark it as 0.

Once every single contact in your system has a value for the new property, make a chart of average "Appointment Made Calculation" broken down by "Source" on the X access. This should give you the percentage you are looking for. By making an average of all 1s and 0s, it will create a percentage of appointments made per every lead. If you want to filter by only marketing qualified leads, make sure to add that filter. This way, you can narrow in that percentage by any field in HubSpot.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any further questions.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

2 Respuestas 2
kevinmead
Solución

resolver

Hi @Baba70 , I had a similar issue when trying to track average revenue per lead by channel. The solution I landed on that worked for me was to create a new number property that is either 1 or 0. We'll call that new property "Appointment Made Calculation".

1 would be whether an appointment was made and 0 would be the default. It is important that you create a workflow that sets this property to 0 all the time. If you do not, HubSpot will remove it from your average.

From there, you will want to tag all contacts now and in the future using a workflow to set "Appointment Made Calculation" to 1 every time your "APPOINTMENT MADE" property is true. While you're at it, make sure you make another workflow that says if "Appointment Made Calculation" ( the new property ) is unknown, mark it as 0.

Once every single contact in your system has a value for the new property, make a chart of average "Appointment Made Calculation" broken down by "Source" on the X access. This should give you the percentage you are looking for. By making an average of all 1s and 0s, it will create a percentage of appointments made per every lead. If you want to filter by only marketing qualified leads, make sure to add that filter. This way, you can narrow in that percentage by any field in HubSpot.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any further questions.

karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @Baba70,

I'm not aware of ways to visualize this in one report, this is a limitation of the report builder.

However, you could approach this with a pie chart for each source, as this automatically comes in a % visualization. For example, for the SOURCE ad campaign, visualize in a pie chart the property value of APPOINMENT MADE. It will then show the % of n/a or empty values and the % of contacts where this property has a value. You would then repeat this for all the other source. For an easy overview, you would place these reports side by side on a dashboard.

It's not perfect but the best solution under the current limitations, I'd say.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.