Dashboards & Reporting

RHendum
Participant

How to "unfollow"/delete or otherwise remove unrelevant/personal emails from hubspot

Hello,

I have a similiar situation as described in this thread:
https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Dashboards-Reporting/How-to-delete-emails-from-Team-Activity-on-the...

However, I can't simply delete the emails in question, and the email strings will be in use for a year forward.

Is the only way forward to delete our entire hubspot account?

(Main issue is of course that Hubspot can't be disabled for extra accounts on Outlook)

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

How to "unfollow"/delete or otherwise remove unrelevant/personal emails from hubspot

Hey @RHendum 

Welcome to the Community

In this thread, you can find how to manually delete those emails. 

I hope this helps

Thanks

Sharon 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
RHendum
Participant

Hello
Thank you for your reply

The solutions described in that thread does not include a delete option as far as I can see.
It offers to hide unwanted messages through a filter or change permissions which would affect all contacts assigned to me.

Last resort - If I remove the account in question, would all the collected data from that Inbox also be deleted, or would that be retained on the company site?

-RHendum

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @RHendum 

You should be able to delete any sales emails from your contact record. 

And in regards to your question, yes if you disconnect your inbox all this information will stay registered in the contact record. 

Screenshot 2021-06-10 at 14.20.57.png

I hope this is clear 🙂

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
RHendum
Participant

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Email/Deleting-Notifications-From-Activity-Feed/m-p/256671

Sorry for not being precise in my question/complaint.
The thread above describes my excact situation and the lack of possibility to do anything about it.
I had not even thought about the GDPR implications of this issue, but we can't be compliant with local laws as it is now.
I upvoted the idea to fix it.
Maybe we can come back to using Hubspot in the future

Thank you for your help.

0 Upvotes