Dashboards & Reporting

ChristianRieck
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Ouro
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Ouro

How to group contact who work in big organisations / Holdings

resolver

Dear Community, 

our customer has many contacts working in different companies which belong to one holding. E.g. in the automotive area. Daimler as a holding and lot of small companies belonging to that holding like Mercedes Benz Espana SA. 

The qustion is how to generate reports or overviews of all contacts, deals etc. belonging to that holding. 

I had the idea of creating a property like "mother company" or work with lists. 

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Christian

Christian Rieck

Hubspot, Inbound Marketing,

CRM, Sales Enablement

christian@mark-lotse.com
www.mark-lotse.com
linkedin
Lust über HubSpot zu quatschen?
0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
BrettLanguirand
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @ChristianRieck,

Thank you for your question! Creating a custom contact property called something like "Mother Company" is a good idea!  Since contacts can only be associated with one company record at a time, it makes most sense to keep the contacts associated with their actual company that they work for, and then use the "Mother Company" property to keep track of contacts who are a part of the holding.  

The only challenege with this is if you want to be able to add the "Mother Company" to Contacts, Deals, and Companies, they would each need a custom property, and there isn't a way for those three properties to speak to each other. Thus, they would all need to be manually changed.

Other community members might have additional suggestions, but I think this is a workaround to consider.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Brett

Exibir solução no post original

1 Resposta 1
BrettLanguirand
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @ChristianRieck,

Thank you for your question! Creating a custom contact property called something like "Mother Company" is a good idea!  Since contacts can only be associated with one company record at a time, it makes most sense to keep the contacts associated with their actual company that they work for, and then use the "Mother Company" property to keep track of contacts who are a part of the holding.  

The only challenege with this is if you want to be able to add the "Mother Company" to Contacts, Deals, and Companies, they would each need a custom property, and there isn't a way for those three properties to speak to each other. Thus, they would all need to be manually changed.

Other community members might have additional suggestions, but I think this is a workaround to consider.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Brett