Dashboards & Reporting

Marcus
Participant

How to display hidden prospects

SOLVE

Hi - I cant seem to locate a way to display prospects that have been previously marked as hidden.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance for the assistancce.

Marcus

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Marcus,  According to this Hubspot Knowledge article, it isn't currently possible to unhide prospects that were selected to be hidden.  If you'd like to suggest that this functionality be changed in future product releases, you can do so on the Hubspot Ideas Forum.  

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Marcus,  According to this Hubspot Knowledge article, it isn't currently possible to unhide prospects that were selected to be hidden.  If you'd like to suggest that this functionality be changed in future product releases, you can do so on the Hubspot Ideas Forum.  

Marcus
Participant

SOLVE

I read that page, but didnt notice the pink bit - thanks for the answer.

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @Marcus feel free to leave feedback for our techinical documentation team by clicking 'Submit Article Feedback' at the bottom of that page 🙂

0 Upvotes
Marcus
Participant

SOLVE

Having spent most of the afternoon playing with this now some of the listings seem strangely resistant to being hidden with them making a reappearance later on. Sky 3D is one rather persistent example that I have hidden a few times now.

0 Upvotes
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Marcus,

Can you please try clearing your browser's cookies and cache to see if that changes anything?  If not, can you please provide some additional information regarding the 3D Sky prospect that you are trying to hide, so that I can try hiding it?  If I'm able to reproduce the issue, I can reach out to our development team for further investigation.  

Thanks!

Brett

0 Upvotes
Marcus
Participant

SOLVE

Clearing out cookies and cache hasn’t changed things.

But, I think I need to confirm that hide actually works as I thought it would. I expected that any result that was hidden would stay hidden, forever. Is this actually the case, the knowledge base article doesn’t make that clear.

The results that keep coming back are repeat visitors, is it the case that they become un-hidden on the occasion of their visiting again?

These are just a few that I can again see after they were hidden earlier.

http://sky.com

http://tiscali.co.uk

http://heidelbergcement.com

http://borri.co.uk

http://workday.com

http://gre.ac.uk

0 Upvotes
Marcus
Participant

SOLVE

UPDATE - after further use I can confirm that hidden results do in fact make a come back if the source visits the tracked web site again. Is this really the intended behaviour?

My difficulty is that I have a customer portal on the company web site, so a great number of visitors are existing clients. If the hide function removed these results, and they remained removed, I can effectively and over a period of time weed out these existing clients and of course I would be left with real and potential prospects. As it currently stands I can’t really see the wood for the trees.

This isn’t a deal breaker for me, indeed I wasn’t even aware of the prospects function when I chose this CRM solution, but, it would be nice if the hide function worked as I have described above. It would make, what seems so far into my trial, a good solution even better.

0 Upvotes
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Marcus,

I'm going to reach out to our development team to see if they can investigate what is happening behind the scenes.  I don't think it is expected behavior for hidden prospects to keep re-appearing, but I want to make sure that this is the case, and find out if there are variables that might alter the expected behavior.

I'll reply as soon as I know a bit more.

Marcus
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, thats appreciated.

I can further report that hidden prospects are also included on the daily email notification report. The logic applying to the hide function does curently seem to do very little in reality past hiding results during a single session and viewing.

0 Upvotes
Marcus
Participant

SOLVE

Someone must have done something as I am no longer seeing all the hideen results - so thank you whoever that was.

0 Upvotes
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Marcus,

You are correct.  I received information late yesterday from our developers stating that they had identified and fixed the issue, but there were still some portals that were affected until the system had completely refreshed.  I'm glad that we were able to get this taken care of for you.

Brett

0 Upvotes
ClementDub
Participant

SOLVE

Hello there,

I have the same issue.

I have a client with many many users and since 2 days ago, I receive a notification each time they use our webapp which is located in a subdomain of our webapge.

This is obvioulsy disturbing and definitely not a Prospect thing.

I hid the company in the Propect list and that does not solve the problem.

I though that I could see the IP address from the Company created and then blocklist it, but since the Company is hidden from the Prospect, I cannot see it.

I am not even sure that we could see the field IP address.

Is the workaround solution to uninstall Hubspot tracking code from our app subdomain ?

Definitely the desired solution would be to be able to mark a company from the list as "Not a prospect" = a client and that would exclude them from the notifications and the list.

Isn't that an" obvious desired outcome" ?

Anyway, let me know if I have got lost in the settings and that can indeed be solved easily.

Thanks

0 Upvotes