Dashboards & Reporting

DusanQuadro

How to create a custom tile for Deals

SOLVE

Dear HubSpot Community,

I'd like to create a custom tile in the Deals view. Something like an existing Company tile which is on the left side in the Deals view. I'd like to assign another company (a partner) to a deal. I can do this programmatically via HubSpot API.

Is it possible to create such a tile to assign another company to a deal? The tile should have a company lookup, then a contact lookup within that company and a few properties (some will be text boxes, combo boxes and some radio buttons). Then it should have a button "Assign".

Thanks,

Dusan

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DusanQuadro
Solution

SOLVE

HubSpot Support replied to my question on Twitter - it should be possible with CRM Extensions API.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
DusanQuadro
Solution

SOLVE

HubSpot Support replied to my question on Twitter - it should be possible with CRM Extensions API.

0 Upvotes
HubHero
Participant

SOLVE

I am very interested in what you're doing here as we do multiple concurrent deals with partners and customers...  Are you actually programming all this out via lines of code or are you using some sort of design program?  Do you care to share how you are doing this?

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
DusanQuadro

SOLVE

You can find documentation for this here: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/crm-extensions/crm-extensions-overview

In short: Go to your Developer account in HubSpot. Click on Apps, select your application and select “CRM extension API” from the left menu. Create a new object type. You need to create some Web API to return the content of a card in the CRM sidebar. The URI of this Web API should go to “Data fetch URI”. Then choose associated HubSpot objects – in my case I selected only Deals. You can add some Properties if you wish – I only used Associated Partner as type “Link”. If you’re calling some Web API actions, put URI you’re calling into “Base URIs”.

A card in the CRM sidebar is very simple. There is only assigned partner (company) shown as a link. If deal has a partner associated, the link with partner name is used and there’s a button Remove associated partner. After clicking this button a Web API action is called. If there’s no partner associated to the deal, there’s a button Associate partner. For assigning a partner (company) to the deal I created a simple page with dropdown containing companies and a button Assign. This is triggered via a button in a card in the CRM sidebar and opened as IFRAME action type. For assigning and unassigning a partner (company) I’m using HubSpot’s CRM Associations API.

There’s no design program for this as far as I know, you have to program it all.

HubHero
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the response.  I think this may be a little over my head but I will give it a try.

0 Upvotes