Dashboards & Reporting

TimigenX

How to create Sales Engineer Dashboard with reports filtered on "mine" for the assigned SE field

SOLVE

It is easy to create an individual sales rep dashboard template with all reports filtered for the owner field of "mine", e.g. It would show their assigned accounts, their accounts with no recent activity, their past due tasks, etc.  But what about for sales engineers assigned to the customer?  For companies in the IT space, I would think most customer records would have an assigned sales rep and an assigned sales engineer.  We have such a field on the customer record containing the name of the assigned sales engineer but cannot find a way to create a single dashboard for the sales engineers as the filter on reports does not accept the "mine" criteria for this custom field.  It  only offers that option for the owner field.  Is there a work around? Thanks.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

How to create Sales Engineer Dashboard with reports filtered on "mine" for the assigned SE field

SOLVE

Hi @TimigenX,

Options here are limited (especially in free and Starter subscriptions) but they exist. Specifically, HubSpot lets you create additional owner properties. These can be created like any other contact property. Simply select "HubSpot user" as a field type. This could be named "Sales engineer owner".

Once created, each contact can have a "Sales engineer owner".

While you can't filter dashboards by custom user properties (the filter only accepts the "Contact owner"), with a Professional subscription, you can set permanent filters on certain reports. In other words, you could create a dashboard where each report is pre-filtered to only show records based on the "Sales engineer owner".

I understand that this isn't ideal, since it's gated behind a Professional subscription. Technically it's possible, it's a pricing decision by HubSpot.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TimigenX,

Options here are limited (especially in free and Starter subscriptions) but they exist. Specifically, HubSpot lets you create additional owner properties. These can be created like any other contact property. Simply select "HubSpot user" as a field type. This could be named "Sales engineer owner".

Once created, each contact can have a "Sales engineer owner".

While you can't filter dashboards by custom user properties (the filter only accepts the "Contact owner"), with a Professional subscription, you can set permanent filters on certain reports. In other words, you could create a dashboard where each report is pre-filtered to only show records based on the "Sales engineer owner".

I understand that this isn't ideal, since it's gated behind a Professional subscription. Technically it's possible, it's a pricing decision by HubSpot.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.