Dashboards & Reporting

gio8888
Participant

How does date range and frequency work together?

SOLVE

Hubspot newbie here. In most dashboard reports you would have a date range and a frequency. How do they work together? What would be the the difference for example between date range = monthly, freq = daily vs date range = monthly, freq = monthly.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Aleeson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey Gio,

In Reports, Date Range refers to the period of time you want to analyse, and frequency tab shows how it will display: Do you want to analyse all the data that came in each day, or by week, or by month? 

Here's an example, a report with date range 1/1/2020 -> 1/31/2020, with frequency "Monthly" will show 12 data points, one for each Month within 2020. If you selected "Daily", you'll see 365 data  points- One for each day.  Here's one from my portal, with Date Range "Last 365 Days", with a Frequency of "Monthly:

Screenshot 2020-09-05 at 14.22.39.png

Let me know if this makes sense!

Al

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Aleeson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey Gio,

In Reports, Date Range refers to the period of time you want to analyse, and frequency tab shows how it will display: Do you want to analyse all the data that came in each day, or by week, or by month? 

Here's an example, a report with date range 1/1/2020 -> 1/31/2020, with frequency "Monthly" will show 12 data points, one for each Month within 2020. If you selected "Daily", you'll see 365 data  points- One for each day.  Here's one from my portal, with Date Range "Last 365 Days", with a Frequency of "Monthly:

Screenshot 2020-09-05 at 14.22.39.png

Let me know if this makes sense!

Al

gio8888
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Aleeson!

0 Upvotes