Dashboards & Reporting

ozzge
Participant

How do you calculate conversion rates between lifecycle stages?

SOLVE

Hello,

Also, we assume "outbound" leads are starting from the stage "sales qualified lead" so how can I measure the conversion rates?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ozzge,

In the report library (Menu > Reports > Reports > Report library), there is a report called "Contact lifecycle stage funnel with contact totals and conversion rates".

By default, this will only show you contacts who have moved through all shown lifecycle stages. (Contacts who did not are omitted!)

If you're on a Professional subscription, you can further customize this report, and decide which stages to show. This will give you the flexibility to remove stages before the SQL stage. You could then see the conversion rates from SQL to Opportunity to Customer.

Without a Professional subscription, this is – as far as I know – not possible. In that case, you would have to run the calculation manually, unfortunately. If (for lack of a better option) you choose this route, I'd recommend working with lists. In lists, you'll find these properties:

karstenkoehler_0-1641281586928.png

With these properties, you can specify how many SQLs you created in 2021, for example. (list 1)

You can then create a list of all contacts who are in list 1 and whose "Became an opportunity date" is known. (list 2)

You can then create a list of all contacts who are in list 2 and whose "Became a customer date" is known. (list 3)

You can then calculate the conversion rate with the numbers of contacts in list 1, 2, and 3.

(It would of course be much better if this was possible out of the box in HubSpot, I'd agree.)

Let me know if you have any follow-up questoins!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ozzge,

In the report library (Menu > Reports > Reports > Report library), there is a report called "Contact lifecycle stage funnel with contact totals and conversion rates".

By default, this will only show you contacts who have moved through all shown lifecycle stages. (Contacts who did not are omitted!)

If you're on a Professional subscription, you can further customize this report, and decide which stages to show. This will give you the flexibility to remove stages before the SQL stage. You could then see the conversion rates from SQL to Opportunity to Customer.

Without a Professional subscription, this is – as far as I know – not possible. In that case, you would have to run the calculation manually, unfortunately. If (for lack of a better option) you choose this route, I'd recommend working with lists. In lists, you'll find these properties:

karstenkoehler_0-1641281586928.png

With these properties, you can specify how many SQLs you created in 2021, for example. (list 1)

You can then create a list of all contacts who are in list 1 and whose "Became an opportunity date" is known. (list 2)

You can then create a list of all contacts who are in list 2 and whose "Became a customer date" is known. (list 3)

You can then calculate the conversion rate with the numbers of contacts in list 1, 2, and 3.

(It would of course be much better if this was possible out of the box in HubSpot, I'd agree.)

Let me know if you have any follow-up questoins!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.