Dashboards & Reporting

RICWAH
Contributor

How do I prevent my sales reps from deleting or changing reports?

SOLVE

We are in the process of implementing Hubspot Marketing Pro and Sales Pro, and I'm totally chocked by the way roles and permissions are set up in Hubspot. I find no way to prevent my sales reps from deleting the reports I set up for them. A simple click from the dashboard and the report is gone.  Is there no way to prevent this? Please tell me I'm wrong and there is a way. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

HubSpot Reporting Dashboards Shared Read-OnlyHubSpot Reporting Dashboards Shared Read-Only

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

HubSpot Reporting Dashboards Shared Read-OnlyHubSpot Reporting Dashboards Shared Read-Only

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
RICWAH
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks!

I noticed this later after writing my post. Since I at the time only had Hubspot Professional, I could only create one dashboard. And a report needs to be present in a Shared Read-only dashboard to be protected. And the Hubspot standard dashboard can not be set to Shared Read-only. So i could only create 10 reports that would be protected in one custom dashboard set to Shared Read-only. All others would be unprotected. But I added the reporting add-on and now I can have more dashboards and that means I can protect more reports.

0 Upvotes
RICWAH
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks Frank. I noticed this was the only way to go. But since I need more than one custom dashboard and more custom reports, I bought the reporting add-on. And with the reporting add-on, more security features was suddenly available. Now I can assign which user has the right to create, delete, edit or view reports/dashboards. I just think that a Sales Professional license should have security features like this by default.

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @RICWAH 

You can try to remove the access to the reporting feature though user permission settings. I would like to share this article where you can see how to edit user permissions. 

I hope this helps

Thank you

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
RICWAH
Contributor

SOLVE
That answer didn’t help. There is nothing in this article that answers my question. But I realised that the only way to solve this was to buy the reporting add-on. So I did that and now I can protect my reports and dashboards. This should be basic functionality for Sales Professional.