Dashboards & Reporting

prashantgijare
Participant

Funnel Report on Lifecycle Stage

SOLVE

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 2.46.15 PM.pngI created a custom report based on Lifecycle Stage. The report looks fine on the surface but when I click on Lead and SQL I see that the contact in SQL is also shown in the Lead category. On the contact record, it shows as SQL. Why would it show in both places? I'm sorry I can't show the duplicating contact for privacy reason.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
AmyLou
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @prashantgijare,

A funnel report is designed to show things as they go down the funnel. For example, if you sent 100 emails, but 50 were opened and you only got a reply to 10. Those 10 will be in all three stages as they were sent, opened and replied to. If you do not want the contacts to be duplicated in each stage, I would recommend using the Contact totals by lifecycle stage Report instead. This will show you contacts in the stage they are currently in.

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 8.28.27 AM.png

Kind Regards

Amy-Louise

Senior Business Analyst

MethodData 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
AmyLou
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @prashantgijare,

A funnel report is designed to show things as they go down the funnel. For example, if you sent 100 emails, but 50 were opened and you only got a reply to 10. Those 10 will be in all three stages as they were sent, opened and replied to. If you do not want the contacts to be duplicated in each stage, I would recommend using the Contact totals by lifecycle stage Report instead. This will show you contacts in the stage they are currently in.

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 8.28.27 AM.png

Kind Regards

Amy-Louise

Senior Business Analyst

MethodData 

JBrownsword

SOLVE

Hi there,

I have a related question.  I have both the above reports on my dash board, but there are contacts in various stages in the "Contact totals by lifecycle stage" report which are missing from the funnel (see image) - any thoughts on what's happening there?  I thought maybe it was because it's only tracking people moving out of a stage to the next, but then how is one of my 4 existing customers showing up here?  

Any help gratefully received!

thanks

Judy

JBrownsword_0-1627058709049.png

prashantgijare
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Amy-Louise for the quick and detailed reply. It did help me tremendously. I also learned where to look for things like this. So, thanks again!

0 Upvotes
AmyLou
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @prashantgijare 

Always happy to help when I can. Glad I could assist you. 

Hope you have a great day. 🙂

0 Upvotes