Dashboards & Reporting

Zayne
Contributor

Filter Deals based on custom company association

I've set up an association between Deals and Companies called "Partner" - this is to show which partner brought us a specific deal. I'd like to filter the views of the deals board based on this association. Is this possible? I can't get it right.

5 Replies 5
KLeschyshyn
Contributor

Hey @Zayne 

1 - If there are not too many partners, a Custom view with "Associated Company" filtering might work (added a screenshot). 

You'll have to enter each partner's company name in that filter. This is, however, should not be more work than setting a custom "Company-to-Deal associations" for each Deal. 

Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 16.20.27.png

2 - in our team, we use a custom Contact Source property (dropdown). The workflow then copies data from "Contact" to "Deal". At the end, I can go to Deals and filter them by "Channel Partner" Source. 

Zayne
Contributor

Thanks. The first option is one that I've already implemented. However, that also shows the deal where the partner is the customer. I'm sure I can get around this though, by creating a custom field that excludes these type of deals.

0 Upvotes
Zayne
Contributor

Thanks @danmoyle. I thought I might have to use custom objects, however, a partner is essentially a company too, so I don't think it's really the best option.

Please share the PRM solution.

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Sure thing @Zayne here you go. It's called RocketPRM and it uses HubSpot as the data house.

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
danmoyle

@Zayne in short, no it's not possible. In the Deals view, you can filter by Deal data, not data (properties) in the associated Company object. HubSpot isn't built as a partner relationship management (PRM) solution. With Custom Objects, you could do more of what you're asking. But out of the box in the tool you're looking at, it's not exactly possible. 

PS - I'm not going to link anything here and try to sell you anything. I will however say that I know of a PRM solution built for HubSpot I'm happy to share if you're interested. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/