Dashboards & Reporting

Jenniekari

External email in workflow

SOLVE

Hi! I'm very new with workflows in hubspot. I have used UiPath before so I have some knowledge about rpa, but hubspot is quite different to UiPath.

I need to send email with workflow, but when I try to sent it, it doesn't find my email. I already did an email that is ready, but when I go to workflow -> external communication - send email -> it says that I haven't created any emails.

I did find tutorial that said I have to make a new email and put the email type to "Automated", but it didn't give an option of "automated". Not even on settings. It just goes straigt to "Select a template". I have sales pro, but no marketing pro.

If you have any tips, let me know! Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dianalcont
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

you are right @Jenniekari - most of the time HubSpot will gray out things that are not available to you under your plan, but other times they do show up, to demonstrate what is possible if you upgrade.

(i've seen this a lot with tools that are only available with Sales Pro in client portals)

For external comm: Are ANY of your emails you have made saved for automation? I don't think that is available for non Marketing Pro users - if that is the case, that is why you wouldn't see any of the emails. Since the other emails are likely already sent, drafts, or scheduled for a send they can't be pulled into a WF.

Although if you want to create a parameter for marketing emails >> sent to contact - THAT should be available.

Let me know if that clears things up

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
Helping B2Bs grow faster with a systematic inbound marketing framework.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 30 Minutes with Diana »

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Jenniekari

SOLVE

Hi @dianalcont !

Thanks for the fast reply!

I still have question on why there is an option under external communication "sent email" if I can't use it? Why it doesn't show any of my emails I've made?

Regards,

Jennie Kari

0 Upvotes
dianalcont
Solution

SOLVE

you are right @Jenniekari - most of the time HubSpot will gray out things that are not available to you under your plan, but other times they do show up, to demonstrate what is possible if you upgrade.

(i've seen this a lot with tools that are only available with Sales Pro in client portals)

For external comm: Are ANY of your emails you have made saved for automation? I don't think that is available for non Marketing Pro users - if that is the case, that is why you wouldn't see any of the emails. Since the other emails are likely already sent, drafts, or scheduled for a send they can't be pulled into a WF.

Although if you want to create a parameter for marketing emails >> sent to contact - THAT should be available.

Let me know if that clears things up

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
dianalcont

SOLVE

Hi @Jenniekari 

You have to have Marketing Pro in order to send automated emails because they are a function used for marketing activities rather than a sales tool.

If you are trying to set up a welcome email or some kind of follow-up to a form, you should be able to set that up as a part of the form (in "follow-up" tab in individual form settings).

Otherwise you would have to use sequences for "automated" emails sent from your inbox - however the enrollment is manual for every single contact.

Hope that helps clear things up!

Best,

Diana

Diana Contreras