Dashboards & Reporting

DThomas9

Entered Stage Date in Custom Report Builder

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm looking to create a report similar to the solution to this question: Click but in the Custom Report Builder, rather than single object report builder.

The reason being that I want to report month on month within our fiscal quarter and the single object UI doesn't allow for fiscal year filters to my knowledge.

Where can I find the 'Entered Stage Date' filter on Custom Report Builder?

3 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DThomas9,

I'm not sure why but as far as I can tell, they're simply not available in the custom report builder yet. The custom report builder is much newer than the single object builder so it might be on the roadmap of the developers.

As far as workarounds go, I can't think of any that I really like. You could set up custom date properties and backfill them using the property history export in the property settings, a manual and laborious process, unfortunately. These custom properties would then be available in the custom report builder.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DThomas9,

Could you specify how exactly you'd like to visualize this?

For example, the single object report tool let's you set a date filter for this quarter and then choose a comparison for the same previous perioud and the year before:

karstenkoehler_0-1666879912519.png

karstenkoehler_1-1666879923279.png

Is this what you're looking for?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Yes, @DThomas9, but only in line and area graphs:

karstenkoehler_0-1666881363351.png

If you found my replies helpful, you can make my day by accepting them as solutions. I'd appreciate it 🙂

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

10 Replies 10
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DThomas9,

I'm not sure why but as far as I can tell, they're simply not available in the custom report builder yet. The custom report builder is much newer than the single object builder so it might be on the roadmap of the developers.

As far as workarounds go, I can't think of any that I really like. You could set up custom date properties and backfill them using the property history export in the property settings, a manual and laborious process, unfortunately. These custom properties would then be available in the custom report builder.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

DThomas9

SOLVE

Appreciate the response and attempt to provide a work around! Perhaps too labourious for me at this stage.

As an alternative, do you know of a way that I can use our fiscal quarters as date filter in the single object reports?

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DThomas9,

Could you specify how exactly you'd like to visualize this?

For example, the single object report tool let's you set a date filter for this quarter and then choose a comparison for the same previous perioud and the year before:

karstenkoehler_0-1666879912519.png

karstenkoehler_1-1666879923279.png

Is this what you're looking for?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

DThomas9

SOLVE

Hi, that is correct however I believe it only shows calendar quarter as default.

I have set up our fiscal quarter in our hubspot settings (we run May-April), so for example if I was to look at the whole quarter, for me it would be August, September and October.

The single object doesn't allow me to select fiscal quarter, only the default calendar quarter as far as I can see, whereas the custome report builder allows the selection of 'use fiscal year' and 'fiscal quarter' as well as quarter.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Thank you for clarifying @DThomas9, understood.

Correct, that option is not available. You'd have to specify the exact date range using the 'is between' filter. (Again not ideal, I know.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

DThomas9

SOLVE

Okay thanks.  Final question, do you know if it's possible to add a visualisation for goals on single object reports in the same way that it is in custom?

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DThomas9,

Are you referring to custom goals or fixed goals set within a report?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

DThomas9

SOLVE

Either is fine, for example if I have a report for pipeline value at a certain stage and I want to set a goal of £x amount to be visualised on the chart?

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Yes, @DThomas9, but only in line and area graphs:

karstenkoehler_0-1666881363351.png

If you found my replies helpful, you can make my day by accepting them as solutions. I'd appreciate it 🙂

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

DThomas9

SOLVE

Perfect thanks, Will make as Accept as it was a solution as best as you could provide! (You're not to blame for the system's shortcomings!)