Dashboards & Reporting

elanashama
Top Contributor

Edit reports from dashboard and add reports to multiple dashboards

SOLVE

Hi,

I work with dashbaords all the time and I find it very difficult that I can't edit a report from a dashboard. When 'm in a dashboard and I want to edit a report, I have to go to "reports", find my report and then edit it. There should be an "edit" option on the dashboard so that you can go directly to that report.

Also, a greate feature would be to be able to add a report to multiple dashboards. 

1 Accepted solution
erzaga20
Solution
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey there @elanashama,

I'm not too sure what kind of edits you want to make but I'm happy to show you the only edits that can be pushed on reports that live in a dashboard.

Here's a report that I created. I added the report to an existing dashboard. Click the 'View and filter' option.

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 2.54.25 PM.png

The only edits that can be made to the reports are dates, filters, and any traffic source properties that exist. I went ahead and modified the date range from 11/25-11/25 to 11/24-11/25.

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 3.02.59 PM.png

Now I can hit the save button and apply the new data range, filters, or properties that you want to reflect on the reports.

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 3.06.45 PM.png

Please reach out if you have further questions. Thank you!

Best

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
erzaga20
Solution

SOLVE

Hey there @elanashama,

I'm not too sure what kind of edits you want to make but I'm happy to show you the only edits that can be pushed on reports that live in a dashboard.

Here's a report that I created. I added the report to an existing dashboard. Click the 'View and filter' option.

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 2.54.25 PM.png

The only edits that can be made to the reports are dates, filters, and any traffic source properties that exist. I went ahead and modified the date range from 11/25-11/25 to 11/24-11/25.

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 3.02.59 PM.png

Now I can hit the save button and apply the new data range, filters, or properties that you want to reflect on the reports.

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 3.06.45 PM.png

Please reach out if you have further questions. Thank you!

Best

JustinPerkinsC
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Do you see the two buttons in the top right of any report on the dashboard when you mouseover any panel? The one to the left of the three dots when clicked will open up a panel that has an edit button on it. This will allow you to now have to go to the reports area to get down into it. Let me know if you have issues finding it and I can pull some screenshots for you.

Justin Perkins
Marketing Operations Manager
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin