Dashboards & Reporting

ABeney
Participant

Display a report over time that shows contacts with a specific custom property

SOLVE

Hi there,

We tracked registrations for an event using a custom property, but now I want to see how many contacts had this property over time i.e. a report that displays how many that had the property as 'registered' daily over 3 months. Does anyone know how to do this or if it is possible?

I have done some research and I am not sure if this is possible. If it is not, what would be the best way to do this in future?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ABeney,

This is most easily done using a workflow that sets a date property to the current date when the contact registers.

For example, you create a contact date property called 'Webinar registration date'. In a contact-based workflow, you then use the 'Set property value' action to set this value of this property to the date of the step.

From that point on, you can easily create a report that shows the count of contacts by this date.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions and if you need any step laid out in more detail, happy to elaborate!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ABeney,

This is most easily done using a workflow that sets a date property to the current date when the contact registers.

For example, you create a contact date property called 'Webinar registration date'. In a contact-based workflow, you then use the 'Set property value' action to set this value of this property to the date of the step.

From that point on, you can easily create a report that shows the count of contacts by this date.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions and if you need any step laid out in more detail, happy to elaborate!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ABeney
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for this and makes perfect sense. The only thing we are hesitant about is setting up more custom properties as we have gotten into a deep hole of creating them for everything. Do you know if there is a better way in future to mark event registrants and if properties are the most appropriate? We have heard suggestions of using deals to do this, but could the reporting still work for that?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ABeney,

This would be one of the cases where I wouldn't try to work around creating new properties but simply make sure to name them clearly and delete them after 6 or 12 months, when they're not needed anymore.

I don't see a good way to leverage other objects for this that wouldn't create more complexity or work.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes