Dashboards & Reporting

JamiPreher

Diary or Summary Ability

SOLVE

The company which I work for have several sales representatives out in the field on a daily basis.  Meanwhile, I am at the central office location.  I am a Client Relations Coordinator and I handle any leads that they form from the field.  It was brought to my attention that we were in need of a Diary or Summary function or report that each sales representative could create.  The Diary or Summary would create a daily log of all of the Companies and POC's that they have established out in the field and what exactly has been done on those.  It would be a central location for the companies dealt with, what was done, and how to proceed.  Currently, those functions are available however they are on an individual basis. This means that I would have to look up each individual contact manually and pull the data from each one rather than have a large diary entry for the Sales Representatives.  This is more for ease of reporting out in the field of a large number of contacts then it would be for me at the central location. All that is offered from Hubspot that is somewhat close to this is the Last Activity Report which only pulls the last 20 activity items.  I need the ability to look up activity items by date or to include all the activity items from a specific filter, not just the last 20.  

1 Accepted solution
kcooper
Solution
Top Contributor

Diary or Summary Ability

SOLVE

The Diary or Summary would create a daily log of all of the Companies and POC's that they have established out in the field and what exactly has been done on those.  It would be a central location for the companies dealt with, what was done, and how to proceed.  

There are many ways to skin the above cat - it really depends on the size and maintenance on your part. 

• One option for a high-level look at their activity (which would allow them/you to quickly look back at their activity and drill into a particular engagement type - like email - and see a list of everything they have done) would be to put together an Engagements dashlet.Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 9.53.49 AM.png

^^^ Once you have that dashlet on a dashboard, you can then click on Quick Look for any engagement type and see a list of ALL of that engagement type for the time period. 

This will help them/you not have to click into each individual contact to see all emails sent/calls made/meetings had/etc..

Downside: No filtering by Company or Contact this way. 

• Another option is to to create a Companies dashlet with the filters I have set up below, which will show them/you all of the companies assigned to them that have been contacted within the past x days (depending on your time filters). For the example below, I have displayed all of Kelly's companies he has contacted this year. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 10.08.21 AM.png

^^^Gives you/them a quick look into all of the Companies they have interacted with.

Downside: Doesn't show kind or quality of engagement. Only shows each company once, so if Kelly had contacted Company X on the 8th and on the 22nd, they would only show on the 22nd. 

You could also make a report just like this to catch Companies NOT being contacted by changing the Date range filter to some time period in the past so that you can catch Companies that might be slipping through the cracks and not being contacted. 😉

• Yet another option is to put together a Contacts dashlet that is much like the companies dashlet, but a bit more specific in the sense that it will show the contacts within the companies that were contacted. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 10.22.04 AM.png

^^^The number represents the # of contacts that were last contacted within that date range within each company. 

If you click on Quick View once the dashlet has been added to a dashboard it drills you down into who was last contacted, and when that was (within the dashlet time frame, of course). 

Downside: Doesn't show what kind of contact that was - email, call, etc..

Aaaaaaaand if you pair the above dashlets with this one (assuming that there is some kind of field that the reps are filling out in addition to logging all calls/emails/meetings/etc.) you can get a more round picture of next steps and what is going on inside each Company. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 10.30.10 AM.png

^^^At first glance, this looks pretty darn useless. The beauty of this dashlet is the Quick View link - see image below for what that looks like. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 10.33.25 AM.png

From here you can see the Customer Advocacy Notes field for each Company that the rep last contacted within the dashlet time filter. For us, Customer Advocacy Notes is a custom text field in the Company record that the rep fills out on health check calls. I suggest that you create a Next Steps field (or whatever you want to call it) that reps fill in with their next action, or what they are waiting on the Customer for, etc. 

Downside: Reps hate filling in fields, and getting them to do this will be like pulling teeth from a toddler.

So...from ONE DASHBOARD with all 4 reports (per field rep, of course) they/you can see all their activity, the people and companies they have contacted recently, and all next steps. 

From there, if you want to dive into all emails/calls/notes/etc. for a particular customer/contact (you see something that is a red flag) you can. 

It isn't perfect, but it is a way to get a lot of info from different record types into one location.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
kcooper
Solution
Top Contributor

Diary or Summary Ability

SOLVE

The Diary or Summary would create a daily log of all of the Companies and POC's that they have established out in the field and what exactly has been done on those.  It would be a central location for the companies dealt with, what was done, and how to proceed.  

There are many ways to skin the above cat - it really depends on the size and maintenance on your part. 

• One option for a high-level look at their activity (which would allow them/you to quickly look back at their activity and drill into a particular engagement type - like email - and see a list of everything they have done) would be to put together an Engagements dashlet.Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 9.53.49 AM.png

^^^ Once you have that dashlet on a dashboard, you can then click on Quick Look for any engagement type and see a list of ALL of that engagement type for the time period. 

This will help them/you not have to click into each individual contact to see all emails sent/calls made/meetings had/etc..

Downside: No filtering by Company or Contact this way. 

• Another option is to to create a Companies dashlet with the filters I have set up below, which will show them/you all of the companies assigned to them that have been contacted within the past x days (depending on your time filters). For the example below, I have displayed all of Kelly's companies he has contacted this year. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 10.08.21 AM.png

^^^Gives you/them a quick look into all of the Companies they have interacted with.

Downside: Doesn't show kind or quality of engagement. Only shows each company once, so if Kelly had contacted Company X on the 8th and on the 22nd, they would only show on the 22nd. 

You could also make a report just like this to catch Companies NOT being contacted by changing the Date range filter to some time period in the past so that you can catch Companies that might be slipping through the cracks and not being contacted. 😉

• Yet another option is to put together a Contacts dashlet that is much like the companies dashlet, but a bit more specific in the sense that it will show the contacts within the companies that were contacted. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 10.22.04 AM.png

^^^The number represents the # of contacts that were last contacted within that date range within each company. 

If you click on Quick View once the dashlet has been added to a dashboard it drills you down into who was last contacted, and when that was (within the dashlet time frame, of course). 

Downside: Doesn't show what kind of contact that was - email, call, etc..

Aaaaaaaand if you pair the above dashlets with this one (assuming that there is some kind of field that the reps are filling out in addition to logging all calls/emails/meetings/etc.) you can get a more round picture of next steps and what is going on inside each Company. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 10.30.10 AM.png

^^^At first glance, this looks pretty darn useless. The beauty of this dashlet is the Quick View link - see image below for what that looks like. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 10.33.25 AM.png

From here you can see the Customer Advocacy Notes field for each Company that the rep last contacted within the dashlet time filter. For us, Customer Advocacy Notes is a custom text field in the Company record that the rep fills out on health check calls. I suggest that you create a Next Steps field (or whatever you want to call it) that reps fill in with their next action, or what they are waiting on the Customer for, etc. 

Downside: Reps hate filling in fields, and getting them to do this will be like pulling teeth from a toddler.

So...from ONE DASHBOARD with all 4 reports (per field rep, of course) they/you can see all their activity, the people and companies they have contacted recently, and all next steps. 

From there, if you want to dive into all emails/calls/notes/etc. for a particular customer/contact (you see something that is a red flag) you can. 

It isn't perfect, but it is a way to get a lot of info from different record types into one location.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Diary or Summary Ability

SOLVE

Hi @JamiPreher

What kind of information do you need this summary of activity formatted in? Depending on what format you need, you could have the information pulled into a view or list which would update based on what information your co-workers fill in. 

What HubSpot products do you have access to? @kcooper@A2Ben do you have any suggestions on how @JamiPreher could achieve this end goal? 

0 Upvotes