Detailed Activity Report

Highlighted
pdm
Occasional Contributor

Back in 2018 I wrote if anyone knew: How to set up a report to export contacts with its corresponding activity details entered under log activity: call, email, meeting, within a certain time frame?   While I am able to set up a report with contacts filtered "per last activity date", this report does not include the corresponding calls, emails or meetings logged under each of these contacts (as listed on the contact's timeline).  

Does anyone know if this functionality is now possible? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Community Manager

Hi @pdm,

Are you looking to be able to export a full record of a contact record, including all activities on the record? If so, this is not a functionality of the tool. Contact exports will include the values of contact properties.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
pdm
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jenny,

All I need is to export contact properties together with its corresponding activity notes weekly.  This is not something out of the ordinary for any CRM to handle.  I am about to go back to Salesforce if no one else can help.  I called Hubspot USA, Hubspot Germany (where I am based) and no one can help...?!

Am so frustrated...!

Thanks,

Patricia

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @pdm,

I understand your frustrations and I apologize for any confusion or lack of clarity you have received from working with multiple teams at HubSpot on this issue. have you considered using the engagements api which allows you to export data like this through an api? 

@IsaacTakushi may be able to speak better to if the api can assist with this request.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

Thanks for tagging me, @jennysowyrda.

Hi, @pdm. Similar to Jenny's response, there is no in-app way to export a report or file which contains both contact properties and the details of engagements (notes, calls, 1:1 emails, meetings, and tasks). As you've discovered, the built-in export tool does not include engagements.

It is possible to retrieve engagements through the Engagements API. For your use case, the Get recent engagements endpoint sounds most relevant, as it automatically returns the most recent engagements, up to 30 days or 10,000 records.

To be clear, the Engagements API does not truly facilitate "exports." Rather, it makes the raw information available, but it will require development resources on your end to make the API requests on an ongoing basis and place the data in a format like a CSV or report.

Isaac Takushi

HubSpot Developer Support
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

@pdm 

We have an app you can use for this type of customized reporting. It's available in the HubSpot App marketplace. PM me if you would like to know more.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, Bayard Bradford

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM | HubSpot Integrations | CRM-Driven Marketing for Revenue Growth
HubSpot Diamond Solutions Partner
0 Upvotes