Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Detailed Activity Log Report

pdm
New Contributor

Hi,

How to set up a report to export contacts with its corresponding activity details entered under log activity: call, email, meeting, within a certain time frame?   While I am able to set up a report with contacts filtered "per last activity date", this report does not include the corresponding calls, emails or meetings logged under each of these contacts (as listed on the contact's timeline).  Can anyone assist? Thanks!

9 Replies
Top Contributor

I can't think of an easy way to do this...and to be honest, I can't even think of a hard way to do this. You might be able to set up something that pulls from an API, but I haven't tried to do it so I can't walk you through it. 

If you let me know what problem you are trying to solve, I might be able to point you to a different way of coming at a solution.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

We need this exact same thing. While I can filter for daily activity for each sales reps contacts it does not tell me WHAT the contact was. Was it a phone call and it's status, was it an email sent from the rep? The filtered report only lists the date not the actual activity.

What am I missing?

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Lack of detailed timeline reporting of this nature is the biggest failing of the Hubspot CRM in my opinion. It's terrible.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Agreed.  Is there anything on the market that lets you pull data from the activity table on the backend?  I found Tapir to help me pull deals and contacts into Excel to manipulate but it doesn't pull activities.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

This is something we are looking for as well.

0 Upvotes
pdm
New Contributor

I've been so frustrated that I have been forced to use Salesforce now...  I wish Hubspot will find a solution sooner than later...!

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor | Platinum Partner

PDM,

Since a number of people have followed and upvoted this issue, I thought I would mention our certified HubSpot integration to Microsoft Power BI.  (My apologies for the commercial message!) Power BI comes free with most Office 365 subscriptions.  It is like Excel on steroids for reporting and dashboards.  It can export Excel worksheets if you don't want to learn Power BI.  

We are a HubSpot Platinum Agency.  We built the Power BI integration for HubSpot for our own needs because of the weakness of HubSpot reporting. 

Our connector includes a data warehouse and reporting templates, and updates your data automatically in Power BI. Unlike the other middleware solutions, it does one thing really well -- moving HubSpot CRM, Marketing and Sales data into a robust analytical environment -- at a very low price ($99 a month including setup and support).

PM me with any questions, or submit a request on our website.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer
John Elmer, Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM | HubSpot Integrations | Inbound Marketing for Sales Success

HubSpot Platinum Partner

Schedule a meeting with me
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Does your solution have the ability to pull the Activity details and the associated contact?  

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor | Platinum Partner

BLESTER,

Yes, all Contacts and their related Activities are available through our connector for reporting and analysis in Power BI.  

Thanks,

John

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer
John Elmer, Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM | HubSpot Integrations | Inbound Marketing for Sales Success

HubSpot Platinum Partner

Schedule a meeting with me
0 Upvotes