Dashboards & Reporting

hashimoto

Deal win rate reporting by close date

Hi There,

Is there a way to calculate deal win rate (closed won deals/closed won + closed lost) grouped by close date? I can do the funnel conversion but that only tells me in one static point of time. 

3 Replies 3
MrBean
Top Contributor

@hashimoto you're spot on with grouping the (closed won + closed lost)-- all you need to do then is average either their Forecast Probability or Deal Stage Probabilities. 

Because those of closed deals will simply be either 0% or 100%-- If you had 2 closed-won deals and 2 closed lost:

(100% + 100% + 0% + 0%) / 4  = 50%

MrBean_0-1656598846077.png

I suggested this solution also in a similar post here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Dashboards-Reporting/Close-Rate-Report/m-p/657754/highlight/true#M5...

Cheers 🙂

0 Upvotes
Lanny
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

two (not so ideal) ways of doing this. 

1. Single Object Report (deals), filter by rep (optional), filter by deal stages "Closed won" and "closed lost", visualize as a pie chart

2. Funnel Report (Deals), all stages, filter by rep (optional) , all deals + closed won. (I think you've mentioned that one)

Obviously you can adjust the filter by any date property you'd like. Are you looking to create a cohort analysis or something like that or just see a chart over time of how the win rates evolved? For that you'd need a custom metrics, something that HubSpot is currently not able to do. 

Ideal? no not in the least. Especially this is such a basic sales metric and the raw data is clearly there. I still do not understand why in the most recent reporting rollout there wasn't a "custom metric" (not custom properties) option. Every basic analytics tool has that. 

I'm actually doing most of my monthly reporting that I use for management updates & decision meetings in databox. For everyday use, quick checks and for my reps it's mostly sufficient. Still frustrating knowing the power of SFDC however. 

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @hashimoto 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @danielruby @MAC-MCB @gabriel-nextiny any thoughts or suggestions to share with @hashimoto on this? 

Thank you!

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes