Dashboards & Reporting

TPeddle
Mitglied

Deal stage to update in contact records

lösung

Hi everyone, 

Need some support. 

Currently I have a form submission workflow in place that is creating deals for my sales team. As the the team go through their sales process that deal stage is being changed however it is not syncing in the contact record. 

I came across this when trying to create a workflow to delete all closed lost deals with the associated contact.

Whats the best way? 

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @TPeddle,

Have you created your own custom Deal stage contact property then? (There isn't a default property for contacts for this.)

In any case, this is what a deal-based workflow would look like. Re-enrollment is important (see right sidebar), "is known" is interpreted by HubSpot as "has changed", so the information would be pushed into the contact record whenever the Deal stage changes.

karstenkoehler_0-1627488612433.png

This workflow would update all contacts associated with this deal.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

5 Antworten
karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @TPeddle,

Which contact property would you like to update on the contact record? Very generally, you would create a deal-based workflow. The enrollment trigger for this deal-based workflow (or these workflows) would be the Deal stage value. You can then choose the Set property value action in the right sidebar of the workflow. This allows you to set a contact property value and thus update a contact to reflect the deal status.

Let me know which contact property specifically you want to update and I can share a workflow draft.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
TPeddle
Mitglied

lösung

Correct looking to have the deal stage updated in the contact to reflect the deal status

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @TPeddle,

Have you created your own custom Deal stage contact property then? (There isn't a default property for contacts for this.)

In any case, this is what a deal-based workflow would look like. Re-enrollment is important (see right sidebar), "is known" is interpreted by HubSpot as "has changed", so the information would be pushed into the contact record whenever the Deal stage changes.

karstenkoehler_0-1627488612433.png

This workflow would update all contacts associated with this deal.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

TPeddle
Mitglied

lösung

THANK YOU 🎉

karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Happy to help, @TPeddle! You can help others find this information more easily by marking my post as a solution. I'd appreciate it!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes