Dashboards & Reporting

BrianCarter
Contributor

Deal slippage and sales progressions

SOLVE

I'm aware there are several 3rd-party software that can integrate into HS, however, I'm curious to know if anyone has been able to find a way to show deal slippage?

What I want to see:

How the pipeline for the business has changed through time. To be able to compare the pipeline today to a previous date and see, at the minimum, deals that the amounts that have changed, what the variation is, and the (in)accuracy of the initial projection.

As we know, deals change over time and to be able to more accurately predict our business we need to understand how a deal progresses - weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.

Looking forward to your responses!!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
BrianCarter
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey Vince,

HubSpot now has a Sales Analytics section inside of the Analytic Reports that gathers the majority of this data. There are a few minor improvements it needs, however, it really visualizes the data needed here.

I'd recommend starting with the "Deal pipeline waterfall summary" to gather a basic understanding of the deal movement over a specific period of time.

Hope this helps!

Brian

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
Tom-Erik

SOLVE

Good question!

I find the "deal" in HS a bit strange. For us a deal is a contract signed 😉

Our sales team make a lot of calls, a lot of the end up in meetings. Then most of theas meetings end up with an offer sent (we use a third party sor sending contracts, but will try to also do this in HS now as we have Enterprise subscription) and some of these offers end up as signed contracts ("deal won")

But of course a lot of leads dont turn into meetings or contracts, they "slip" along the way.

What is a good way to track and visualize this? What attributes to we need to select on the different events?

Sam_Williams

SOLVE

Hi @BrianCarter 

We have been able to track our deal pipeline and also the changes overtime using a particular tool that integrates with HS. 

I'll inbox you with the details if required.

Cheers

0 Upvotes
VincePi
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Gents (@BrianDL @Sam_Williams )

I realize a few months have passed by since this post was publish but any insight you may share on how you ended up implementing the monitoring of deal slippage would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Vincent

0 Upvotes
BrianCarter
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey Vince,

HubSpot now has a Sales Analytics section inside of the Analytic Reports that gathers the majority of this data. There are a few minor improvements it needs, however, it really visualizes the data needed here.

I'd recommend starting with the "Deal pipeline waterfall summary" to gather a basic understanding of the deal movement over a specific period of time.

Hope this helps!

Brian

VincePi
Participant

SOLVE

Brian,

Thx for the info - That said no such section or report in my account...  The only two sales related items I find in the analytics tools menu are sales content analytics & sales team productivity 😞  Any idea as to why I may not have access to it?

0 Upvotes
BrianCarter
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey there - do you have a sales seat?

BrianCarter
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @Sam_Williams that'd be great if you can share it!

0 Upvotes
Sam_Williams

SOLVE

Hey @BrianCarter and @ismael_tavares ,

We have been using Sprinkle Data for tracking our sales pipeline from HS.

ismael_tavares

SOLVE

Hi can you please also share what you've been using?

I'm trying to track Close Date changes. I'm starting to use Quarterone as I've seen they have a "Deal Slippage" dashboard but not sure about the functionality yet as the data period only starts from you start using it. 

0 Upvotes
BrianCarter
Contributor

SOLVE

QuarterOne is actually the tool I was playing with as well. Similar thoughts here.

0 Upvotes